FS: Carlton Diff anyone??

I've got a Carlton Diff, or to use the correct term, final drive unit, sitting in the garden underneath an old boot carpet, that I want to go to a good home.

I bought it - correction, bought the whole car it came from (just for the diff) towed it back all the way from Worthing to Bracknell, got a mate with a hiab to tip the thing up on its side so I could relatively easily take the diff out, and with some help, took it out.

It's still got both ABS sensors intact, and both driveshafts in place (not propshaft though).

The car it came from was a G reg Vauxhall Carlton 2 litre Estate.

There are 2 types of diff in 2 litre Carlton estates (only a subtle difference, but it matters - can't remember exactly what it was though!), and this is the earlier type (it's done by chassis no). I bought this to put in my K reg 2.3TD Carlton Estate, as I checked on the Vauxhall EPS parts system and the part number was exactly the same. Can't remember the exact range of chassis numbers, but pop into a Vauxhall dealer, say you want a diff for a 2 litre Carlton Estate, and note them down - it's the earlier one.

I think it should cover up to most G and H reg estates though, plus the later 2.3TD Estates.

I'm not asking silly money - £50 anyone?

Could maybe be of use for some mad project or another???!!!!

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan