FS: Golf GTi 2.0 Mk2.

As I'm about to build myself another project, I suppose I should sell my lovely lil' Mk2 Golf.

'89 Mk2 3dr GTi, Tornado red, steel wheels, small bumper, 2.0 AGG Mk3 Golf block with PB head, around £4k of bills, full service history from new with MOTs, tax discs, bills and service book, Sony "active black panel" remote head unit with 6cd changer, thatcham approved immobiliser, cambelt, head gasket and clutch in last 2k miles, very good condition inside (2 small cig burns in passengers seat, otherwise mint), never had panels replaced or welding, original dealer reg plates from supplying dealer, all handbooks, recent full suspension alignment (camber, castor, toe), still has original VW stripes, mudflaps etc, towbar with beeper (virtually unused), four previous keepers - company, two owners in same family then me. Averages 35 mpg in town, 45 on motorway.

£1295 for quick sale.
Reply to
Pete M

In news:f3k9jk$e14$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org, Pete M wittered on forthwith;

Um, MOT til Feb '08, Tax til end June '07.

Reply to
Pete M

In news:f3k9jk$e14$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org, Pete M wittered on forthwith;

Some pics.

Pete M

"Pete M" wrote in message news:f3klmc$e84$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

Yum steelies :-)

Reply to
Iridium

In news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net, Iridium wittered on forthwith;

Aye, they're original though, which is why I've left 'em on.

I'd have liked some BBS, but never got round to spending the insane amount of money people want for 'em.

Although the Golf GTi Mk2 2.0 I'm replacing it with does have 15" BBS, he wants 'em so they're not included with it. So it looks like I'll be buying some anyway.

It's a metallic black '91 'J' 5 door Mk2 with the short "bubble" block 2.0 out of an Audi in. Not as torquey as mine, or anywhere near as original, but it's the car that got me into Mk2 GTis so I want it, and it looks good parked next to the Mk1.

Makes no sense, but when does sense come into car purchasing?

Reply to
Pete M

"Pete M" wrote in message news:f3k9jk$e14$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

I happen to be looking for a Mk2 GTi, unfortunately it's got to be stock as it's for a race series. Having spent my time working on stuff I'm too fat to drive I decided I want to try getting behind the wheel and actually racing myself. What better way for a dub nut like me than the new 750 Golf single make class (though they still haven't got the regs up on the site).

Reply to
Depresion