FS. Rover V8 Twin Turbo kit.

Unused Twin Turbo kit for Carb Rover V8 All pipework, brackets, linkages etc included Never been fitted, still in box.

£500.
Reply to
Pete M

does it come with the turbo's?

Reply to
Theo

Theo waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

Yup! Not sure of the exact Turbo specs, they're lying in a box in the loft, I'll have to dig 'em out. They're new except for the fact they're about 18 yrs old, if you get my meaning. Don't think the kit's been out of the box actually.

It's everything you need to bolt 2 turbos onto a V8. Throttle linkages and everything. it's all there. IIRC, it's the Janspeed Kit from the '80s. I'll dig 'em out and post some pics, or you can come and gimme the money.

Reply to
Pete M

lower price then pls

Reply to
Theo

Theo waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

A full, unused, Janspeed twin turbo conversion for less than £500 ?

Not gonna happen mate. £500 is already a bargain, we all know how much new turbos cost, each.

Reply to
Pete M

In article , theo*+*@*+*letsblowitup*.*com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Theo you tightwad. A twin turbo conversion kit for £500, as new never ran, and you want it cheaper?

Next thing you will want Marco to send you a V8 from a Landy, and burger man to plumb you in a nitrous kit for whatever change you have from your Giro, after you've paid your weekly shares into SpecialBrew.

Don't be rude.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

I've got £20 left if Pete's prepared to barter.

Anyone want to give me an RV8? Atchly, some distant relation has a TVR... All I need then is to get the motor into the Ka :P.

Reply to
Doki

Doki waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

Would probably fit a TVR if it was on carbs... but I'm sure a man of your gestation can manage a modification or two ;-)

Oh, and you could always spend the £20 on fuel coming to glimpse the glory of the Turbos :-D

Reply to
Pete M

Of course. If it's injection, I'll just bodge it with some Carbs off an old tractor.

Might be put to a more useful purpose in the beer fund :P.

Reply to
Doki

Doki waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

Mmmm, traaaaaaactor..

Sadly, you're more than likely right. :-(

Reply to
Pete M

If only the SDI wasn't an EFI...;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman

*eyes up Rover 3500S in paper for £900*...

Now that would be fun. Wonder how many gearboxes a year I'd need...

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Seeing as the stock 4 speed is marginal as standard - that would be lots I imagine :-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Its not... Pair of SUs

And, only one model was injected.

Reply to
Burgerman

Will an SD1 gearbox fit? Because I failed to break one on both my nitrous injected V8 sierra, and my brothers similar sierra, with TWO stages of gas and a 12 sec quarter mile... They are strong, but change gear slowly. Cured by using a 30 percent diesel/

70 percent gear oil mix for drag racing.
Reply to
Burgerman

I think when Dave said "the SDI (sic)" he was probably referring to the one that 'he' owns - not every one on the planet.

P.S. My understanding was that there was injection on the VDP as well as the vitesse, which came in single and twin inlet plenum versions of course.

P.P.S. SD1 shurely - not SDI ;-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Yo. Or possibly Nes. Depending on your definition of 'fit'. It'll go into an auto with pedal box modifications and tweaks to the mounts, and it'll go in a manual with fairly major centre tunnel mods.

I had a spare five speed when I had my 3500S. I can't for the life of me remember what became of it.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Roman Numeral, either is acceptable.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Yep, yep, and yep! But most were just "ordinary" SD1s...

Reply to
Burgerman

hmmmm Lightweight Landie with twin turbo V8 power.... Time to make some calls....

Reply to
Carl Gibbs