Fuel pump - external and for 200bhp

The volvo can do 'economy' as well as speed, T16 is effective but not spectacularly economical.

Reply to
marko

Yep.

Ah righty !

Reply to
Nom

Good point :)

Reply to
Nom

(marko)

they will, most carby fuel pumps are only designed to run upto about 10psi they simply cant run at the 3bar required for most injection setups.

Reply to
Glenn

Have you driven any of the VAG 1.8 turbos nom? My experience of a A4 1.8T

150bhp and a Leon Cupra R (might be the newer 2.0T, but has 225bhp I think?) is that they are reasonably fast but pretty dull. My father's 1.4 TDI Audi is the same in a different 75bhp/150lbs ft sort of way, they pull but there isnt any of the exciting "coming on to boost" kick in the back, and they all run out of go too low in the rev range IMHO.

I suspect they all have electrickery fly by wire throttle arrangements and ECU programs designed to iron out the kick. Shame really. Low/mid range punch is good, but I do like a bit of top end, its pretty disappointing to run out of puff over 4500rpm.

Can't win 'em all, 'specially when you're cheating with turbos.

VTec is cool. (c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

VTEC is shit on a stick.

HTH

Reply to
Lordy

Up until a few weeks ago i would've disagreed but since driving an S2000...

*shudder*

-- Chet

HF Integrale 16v - Gettin there!1993 Renault 19 16v - Subtle extras like a T3 ;)

Reply to
Chet

*droool*
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Been in a Golf 150 a couple of times, but that's it. Didn't think it was fast at all to be honest - but it pulled all the way through the range.

Define "dull" ?

Oooh, I dunno. It's only very rarely that I get over 5000rpm in the TI - there's more than enough pull lower down to make good progress.

It sucks donkey's balls :)

Reply to
Nom

Haynes spanner rating: zero

Tools required: none/a degree in brute force and ignorance

Procedure:

*Find cavashonk 2.0 efi, preferably stacked on top of somethig else (saves getting knees dirty) *Grab rear bumper, apply brute force *Unplug wiring *Grab fuel pump and filter tray, apply brute force

Ideal - thanks Glenn. :)

Now on plan Q, mod C revision 47 as to gearboxes, but that's a story for a website and a rainy day, LOL!

Reply to
marko