Fuel Pump Scrounge! (Gas Turbine...)

Anyone got an old fuel injection pump that has an "inlet" and "outlet" that will allow me to connect up, so I can use it with kerosene on my gas turbine?

If not then some suggestions of which cars to look under!

Burgerman

Reply to
Burgerman

Are you talking, like, a pump, with an inlet pipe one end, and the outlet the other, like most pumps that aren't submerged are?

If so, Mk2 Cav injection cars - Piece of piss to take off, they live under the right rear arch, couple of bolts to a flimsy mounting that always falls apart.

Reply to
Stuffed

Indeed. Also try any Mk2 Astra with fuel injection (GTE/SRI), Mk3 Cav 2.0i (pre face-lift model). I think that vehicles with K-Jetronic FI systems (XR3i, Mk2 Golf GTi) have external pumps.

I have some spare pumps that are internal tank types. It would be possible to use these, depending on what delivery pressure you need. Above a certain amount, the relief valve will open which will dump fuel outside the pump. Not too good if the pump isn't in a tank!

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply.

Reply to
Anthony Britt

In news:Dkrrc.68$XG2.61@newsfe6-win, Burgerman decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

2.8i Capri, early EFi Sierra (later ones had the pump in the tank), Rover SD1 EFi. Ford Onion 16i

I might have an SD1 one in the garage, but it's unlikely..

Reply to
Pete M

And precisely what are you fitting a gas turbine to? Please mention to us all in order that we may either laugh or offer to hold the stopwatch/divert the police/buy ear defenders!

Adam H

Reply to
Ex Alfa Adam

In article , turbo snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Either his wheel chair, or a beer cooler.

I kid you not, both have been done, and it wouldn't surprise me to find Burgerman involved a project for one or both at some point.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

stopwatch/divert

OK...

A bench... For now...

But a surfboard, on roller skates is the plan... (Still need volunteers...) Ridden/layed on/steered by my not too enthusiastic mate... Bruntingthorpe? AND I AM SERIOUS! I would do it myself but since breaking spine and landing in wheelchair I can't do it..........

Its a Solent Gas Turbine - converted to pure thrust, by me (no I do not know what I am doing!) and is - was 70 BHP as a shaft output device. And I can hold its few pounds on one hand! Gets a bit hot though... Last time I started it was on my bed and I held it... The lid blew off the scanner, (it was not removable at the time and it melted...) and the room got so hot so fast both of us shit ourselves, cut the fuel supply and did a runner. If you can do a runner in wheelchair? Whatever.

Interesting device...

Here is another Solent gas turbine in a kart as an example! The kart looks silly. But it does 140 (cant remember the exact details... pissed!) with a VERY short wheelbase! One cough and swap 5 lanes Ahem...

140 may not sound fast but its a REAL not "speedo" on a hill proper timed over a flat distance 140...

Download the vids!

This is the same engine I am currently playing with. It "fell" off a Phantom F4 fighter jet. It is actually a 70 BHP Starter motor! Seriously. On the vid he never really opens it up, but now he has the record! He sounds a bit gay though.

I want to do it with a surfboard with a ptfe skid at the front, and a pair of skateboard wheels at the rear... It will have a virtical fin, between feet, with my solent, (bottom of this page

) above thelegs. Steering via weightshift, and a small top fairing from a bike at front... Parachute as brake, rider in bike leathers and a giggling fit as he rolls off at 150 mph... Thats not fast, I did this already! Watch some bike racing...

Reply to
Burgerman

stopwatch/divert

Worse!

Reply to
Burgerman

In article , snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Oh I love it.

Makes going to work money morning so much more fun now I read that, and can imagine it all day.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Burgerman raved thus:

:: Here is another Solent gas turbine in a kart as an example! The :: kart looks silly.

Looks like that thing Steve Austin crashed!

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

Your not too enthusiastic mate and I can see though your diabolical plan. You are trying to get everyone else in the world into wheelchairs, one at a time.

Peter Hill

Remember to leave room for a nitrous cylinder ;-)

Reply to
Homer

volunteers...)

Believe me I would not wish it on my worst enemy. But seriously, on a flat surface, in race leathers, with nothing to hit and no "fall" or high side, the worst that could happen would be a hot arse, or similar. Guys that race bikes step off sometimes 3 times a week at 1 to 2 hundrted MPH no prob. Its part of the fun. It only hurts on the road where there are - cars, kerbs, signs, etc to hit.

So no, I am still serious! It should be fun. My current volunteer is having second thoughts though! He already has complete renal faliure which scares him more...

Reply to
Burgerman

Strangely I already thought of that! But its just pressure for starting....

Reply to
Burgerman

In article , snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

So use it to pre-spin the turbine before igniting the fuel then?

BTW, do you have you afterburner sorted?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Reply to
AstraVanMan

volunteers...)

Count me in!

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I've done my share of tarmac surfing and other stunts.

Peter Hill

Tried a while back, but only made HUGE clouds of smoke... Needs igniter as well I think, or some kind of flame holder rather than just firing it in...

Reply to
Burgerman

Oooo!! This is weird! Im actually learning all about afterburners right

*this* minute!! I have a propulsion exam on thursday, and an aerothermodynamic exam on wednesday. Its all thoroughly bloody dull !!! I would much prefer to be actually playing around with them rather than drawing enthalpy-entropy graphs about it all :(

Max

Reply to
Max Hamlet