Full Throttle Gearshift

I've been thinking about fitting a short-throw gearshift to the 200sx and maybe a rev-limiter with full throttle gearshift capabilities.

Are there any downsides to these units?

Thanks

Reply to
Comfortably Numb

If it just cuts spark, fuel will fly down the exhaust and into your turbos... If it cuts fuel, you'll be fine.

Reply to
Doki

Either will be fine, obv the ign cut will mean flames but in pratice not as many as you might expect, where as fuel cut wont, also you wont generate as much boost with fuel cut when flat shifting, and other bonus of ign cut over fuel cut, as there isnt a chance of melting pistons as a cyl may get cut half way through an injection, where as ignition it will just miss totally, but some would see that as a potential problem with bore wash, and fried turbos..... I've done loads and loads of work on the SR20DET and ultimately you will have no problems at all.

Ed

Reply to
Ed

Do you mean anti-lag?

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

i don't think so, anti lag systems mean the turbo's are rebuilt ever few days as opposed to every few weeks ;)_

Reply to
dojj

This is the one I was looking at

I'm not sure it's suitable now though as it says available for single coil or twin coil applications and as the 200sx has individual coil packs for each plug I don't think it would work.

Could be wrong of course.

Reply to
Comfortably Numb

You are right, it would not really be suitable. An interesting point also, there are ofcours ways round this, but if you are not electronically minded its probably not something you would want to take on.. You could always fit one of these if you have a 200....

May be a bit overkill tho :) haha.

Reply to
Ed

Just a little :-) Thanks for the link though.

Reply to
Comfortably Numb

They are amazing, I have one on my Micra hahaha :)

Reply to
Ed