Genuinely not wanting to sound harsh....

....and I'm genuinely glad the lady in question is ok, and do feel for her in such a terrifying situtation, but this really strikes me as an excellent example of Darwinism in action. I've driven through that ford *loads* in the past in the van, and there are clear depth markers. I set myself a limit of 40cm as a safe water height to manage to get through it in the van, and once, against my better judgement (and after doing half a 3-point turn to go the other way) went through it at 50cm, thinking "well, it's only a bit more than 40cm, how bad can it be if I'm careful", and the back end started sliding - managed to control it, and gave myself a good metaphorical kick up the arse and reminded myself why I self-imposed a limit of 40cm, and swore "never again" and stuck to it......

But the water in this case was 5 feet high! Now I'm not 100% sure, but that might have been enough to submerge the depth markers, but seriously, how stupid have you got to be to even attempt it?

Reply to
AstraVanMann

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 21:53:40 +0000, AstraVanMann sang, in the style of Bill Bailey:

Almost as stupid as this moron perhaps?

Mike P

I wonder if there's a bonus culture at Ryanair for making up stories that the press will print so they stay in the news and never have to spend any money on advertising.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Sadly this woman wasn't so lucky.

Peter Hill

But it only came up to here on the ducks......... :-)

Reply to
GeoffC