Going through the service history..

Finally went through the service history of my 2.8i Capper..

Among the receipts were one for Vulcan Maxiflow heads and a Kent cam. Explains why it drives like a dog under 1500RPM and you have to drive through town in 2nd...

There were also receipts for several clutches and a new gearbox.

Methinks it's been racing a bit in its life.

Reply to
Conor

Result ! :-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Cool

Sorted that paint job out yet? ;)

Reply to
Abo

Likely the injection is all over the place too if the cam was changed - unless it was re-mapped. Same with the ignition curve.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

K Jetronic ?

I think you can bend a couple of springs.

Remapping is so 21st century.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Yes yes, that's all fantastic, but more importantly, have you had the respray done yet?

;-)

Reply to
DanB

Result! I like finding suprises like that in the service histories. i've been lucky with both my current cars in that respect!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Didn't realise the Capri was so old fashioned - others had discovered EFI by that time.

Doesn't change the fact that changing cams on injection cars rarely works well on its own.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"Dave Plowman (News)" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Indeed they had - but K-Jet was still about towards the very late '80s, long after the Crapi had finally been laid to rest.

Reply to
Adrian

Yes - I just thought it strange to introduce a new model with an old system. But Ford UK probably just used their international parts bin.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The 16V Golf had it up to 91/ 92 when they stopped production.

Reply to
Doki

that was KE-jetronic - basically the same but had fine tuning of the mixture with an ECU.

Mercedes also used KE up till 93 or so. Generally a pretty robust system, and if the ECU failed would still work....

Reply to
john

"Dave Plowman (News)" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

"new model"? The 2.8i Crapi was introduced in 1981...

Sure, electronic injection had been around with D-Jet in the '60s, but K- Jet was certainly the main choice in the late '70s, early '80s. L-Jet didn't really come in until later.

Saab used K-Jet on the 8v 900s until they died around '90ish, but L-Jet on the 16vs launched in '84ish.

Reply to
Adrian

Our BMW 3.0 si had D or Druck Jetronic fuel injection. The ECU lived under the back seat and was the size of a small suitcase.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

I'm 99% certain in the UK at least that the Mk2 16V Golf only ever had K-Jet. The US models had a KE system due to the stricter emissions laws.

Reply to
Homer

For some reason I never saw the post by john/chris but he's talking s**te.

K-jet was used from the MK1 GTI, on the MK2 GTI 8V up to 87 when it was replaced by Digifant, and on all the 16V MK2 GTIs.

Reply to
Doki

That's my understanding too.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

LOL, no. Been doing other bits'n'bobs on it.

Reply to
Conor

Kind of something that went through my mind as well. I remember a mate who had a wild XR3i who had fuelling issues with K-Jet system.

Reply to
Conor

I don't understand why non of you like it - lol.

Reply to
Conor