Guess the outcome

Just hit the buy it now button on this auction.

Guess the probable outcome.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

"This will be a very cheap runabout for some one"

No shit, Sherlock.

'It got lost in the post'

Reply to
JackH

Even at that price I'd probably not want that shape A4 in that colour.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Woudn't be my choice of colour either. The one I have now is the right colour.

It's just the wrong engine.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Bought a damaged Sapphire Cosworth with no engine for 99p off ebay. Cost £100 to collect it from somewhere near Brighton where the chap who'd listed it wasn't exactly happy but did the deal anyway as "It's ebay and legally binding, some you win, some you lose".

Hated pointing out to him that listing it as a "Saff Cozzy" in the automobilia section probably wasn't his wisest move.

Reply to
Pete M

He will not have any change, or his dog listed it without his knowledge. Possibly a 419 scam? Some ebay sellers will often refund a small percentage when paid, then take the rest. This ensures they clear the account so it can't be recovered. For 99p I doubt it would happen. I quite like the colour, but the car sounds like it is a stolen recovered or crash damaged and bought back from the insurance company. To have the airbag light on is one thing, but the aircon belt missing on a car that has been regularly services suggests some dishonesty.

Reply to
Clive

"Clive" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Not really. The aircon belt's been off my 900 since before I bought it - yet the car's had almost pathological TLC in that time. Why's it off? I don't know. The compressor turns freely. It's almost certainly empty, though.

Reply to
Adrian

Well I'd be curious indeed.

Although I kinda don't like A4s, as a used TDI they make lots of sense. Although...

...the estimated cost per mile over 20,000 miles a year is 15.7 for the 1.6 petrol and 13.8p for the TDI 90. Under £400 a year difference.

Reply to
DervMan

You'll get there, see some bird poop on the bonnet, complain it wasn't mentioned so isn't as described, haggle and get it half the price.

Reply to
Elder

This your car?

carl.robson

This your car?

Yep, same car.

Not really worth getting worried about I suppose.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Nah be a bastard, he sold you a car and is now auctioning your car. Be a real arse, it could be fun.

Reply to
Elder

Indeed he is now selling your property, you made a legally binding contract to purchase the item and therefore you can reclaim whatever he sells it for from him...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Karma...

Reply to