Headlamp fault

Ok, I picked up a 200sx today and on the drive home I switched on the lights. First problem: the nearside headlamp didn't come up all the way (stopped about half an inch short). So I stopped at a service station and wound it up. Second problem occurred when I arrived home and switched the lights off, neither would go down. Anyone know what could be up? I had a look under the bonnet but couldn't see anything obvious.

Thanks.

Reply to
Comfortably Numb

It'll be something fairly trivial and I would have to say, my other car has pop up lights and they have always played up a bit. Basically, if you leave them turned off more or less all the time they will stop working and when you try to make them do something, one or both may refuse to react.

Using them cleans off the sensor tracks and they start to work again.

Aside from that there is a load of adjustment on mine, they have to lift to the fully up position and then stop, a little bit less, and the lights will bounce up and down between the fully and current position. A little bit more, and the motor never pushes them into position. Same thing on the way down.

Worth learning how to adjust and set them yourself because it's basically trivial once you know how and the garage will probably take a while learning how to fix them while you are paying labour.

Reply to
Questions

Thanks for the reply. I haven't had a chance to have a good play with everything at the moment due to silly things like work :-( Hoping to get stuck in this weekend. As you say it's probably something and nothing. (Fingers crossed)

Reply to
Comfortably Numb