Headlight Adjustment for import

I have a Dutch model Hyundai Elantra (2001) which is LHD.

I have had to move back to the UK and I am registering it in the UK & need to permanently adjust the headlight beam to dip to the left. (stickers, beam deflectors and other non-permanent changes are not acceptable)

Will it be possible to modify my current set of headlights (currently dipping to the right) or do I need to buy a new unit/part.

Our local Hyundai dealer mechanic seemed very keen to replace the whole unit - but I don't know if this is really necessary.

Thanks in advance for any info's

PJ

Reply to
piggy73

Sell it and buy something when you come over here.

They're worth sod-all in the UK, and a LHD one will be totally worthless.

It's probably only worth (in the UK) what a pair of headlamps will cost you.

Reply to
SteveH

Sounds/looks to me like they're already here (there, heh :))

Reply to
Chet

All it needs to do it pass an MOT. If it can pass with masks/deflectors then this is ok but I would recommend fitting new lamps when you find a set at a reasonable price. The dealer will stiff you for a pair but you should be able to buy a set from one of the online parts brokers for much less, eg.

If you can use a spanner and a screwdriver you should be able to fit them yourself, then take it to an MOT centre or the dealer to get them aligned, if they charge more than a tenner then try somewhere else.

Gareth

Reply to
Gareth A.

you cannot modify them.