help

hey guys i've got some serious issues here

i've just fallen in love with an alfa :(

147 gta to be precise obviously well out of my budget but it stirred up memories of my only other alfa experiences being a sud and a 156 tspark

and cutting a long story short i want an Alfa :( i'm mad :)

what do you italian boys reccomend to me then budget is at max 3k (savings and allowing a sale value of 1200 for the nova )

suggestions please for a tidy practical alfa suitable for shopping runs and a bit of serious fun :)

Reply to
Rob

Little over budget, but you'll only be able to buy small shopping...

Alistair J Murray

Sorry, but the taste police wouldn't let someone like you buy an Alfa.

Reply to
SteveH

well i guess you better ditch yours quick then steve before they come a looking :)

no seriously it must be a growing older thing oh my god mid twenties now :( I've narrowed it down to maybe 4 or 5

a 145 2l a 156 various

164 3l 24v :) :) or completely off the wall and not very alfa

lancia integrale 8v :)

Reply to
Rob

Can you get 156's for £3k? Decent ones, not complete shit tips?

Reply to
DanTXD

Don't you know that' it's the law that anyone who's ever had an association with a Nova isn't allowed to have an Alfa. Ever.

Reply to
SteveH

It's just about the lower end for a fairly OK one.

Rough ones are under £2k now.......

Reply to
SteveH

even subtle novas with no chav tat ?

i mean it was all stock bodywork sensible 15" wheels and a wieldy 160 brake ? twas never touched by a halfords or ebay accesory :)

can i repent and say i've seen the light i also own a 405 estate and the other half has a punto so i do like italian :) well my bank balance does :) :) :)

Reply to
Rob

I still say that's the best engine sound I have ever driven possibly one of the worst cars thanks to the electrics (Lucas stuff just fails if they ever work Alfa's take on a life of there own so avoid electric seats if you value safety at all.)

Reply to
Depresion

Hehe, Robs looking for another imaginary car. Are you going to put another imaginary V8 into this one?

Reply to
Nicola

Yes

Maybe

Too good for you :P

Are you a millionaire? If the answer is "no", you can't afford to run one.

Fuck.. I've owned a Nova SR, and I used to use my mums famous old 1.2 Merit saloon when I broke my proper cars.

Reply to
Pete M

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, Depresion decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

I've owned 6 Alfa 164s and only ever had one major electrical fault.. which I admit, was a nutty one.

Reply to
Pete M

On this the electric seats would move of there own accord, one moment driving along nicely relaxed the next you would be staring at the sky or having a close look at the steering wheel. Good motors though as I'm no light weight.

Reply to
Depresion

In news:D3gNd.515$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net, Depresion decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

My first UK 164 (after a couple of Italian registered ones) blew a bulb in one of the puddle lights under the drivers door, which in turn disabled the radio and hazard lights. Took me *ages* to work out what had caused it.

Reply to
Pete M

Friend of mine had a 3.0 Alfa, dunno exactly what. His dash lit up like a christmas tree and various things didn't work right, all down to the electrics he reckoned.

Heh, I recall one time he parked it on a sloping car park and it decided it would rather spend the afternoon parked across the road below. From then on he always left it in gear and as level as he could get it. AFAIK handbrake can only mean a mechanical issue in there somewhere, BYMMV.

Reply to
Questions

here we go again

told every one on here their more than welcoome to pop round and see but no one took me up puntos long scrapped and the v8's sitting under the work bench for now. anyway why would i want to desecrate a lovely alfa with a unrefined brutish rover lump :) sorry but the alfa no matter what i plumped for would sound better :) :)

Reply to
Rob

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, snipped-for-privacy@quickwatchsales.com decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Indeed it does. The handbrake on them normally works just fine.

Fuck, I want another 164 3.0 :-(

Reply to
Pete M

Oh yes, Cloverleaf. If you want cheaper, look at a 146 Ti (not badged as a cloverleaf), a lot cheaper but I don't like the style.

I was torn between a 145 cloverleaf, a Prelude 2.2 VTEC, and an MX6 Coupe. Non came up locally looking reasonable, so I bought the Celica.

If a Selespeed comes up in your price range, run away from it. Very fragile i've heard.

Cheap, large, luxo barge, V nice if you have to room to keep it, and the budget to fuel it.

Nice, but are you sure you really want to do that.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Um, they're probably better on fuel than anything else of that type.

Certainly better than a W124 300E, 530i, 960.. shorter too.

Oh, you're all bastards..

Anyone want to swap a 164 3.0 for my Merc?

Reply to
Pete M

There were a couple on ebay, a nice looking auto that was on £600 last time I looked and a higher mileage manual at four hundred and something.

Reply to
Depresion