Help I'm new

Hey people,

Ok, here the story. Im new to car modification, well im a complete amateur (this is first thing i try) and i want to install a nice sound system in my car, if anyone could tell me if all these are "compatible" with one another and whether they are reasonably good would be a great help

ok here the list: (all items found at

) Head Unit - Pioneer DEHP80MP

2x 13cm Speakers - Pioneer TS-A1310

2x 6x9 Speakers - Pioneer TSA-6910 £112

1x 10" Sub - Alpine SWE1041

Classic Acoustics Sub Box BBS1075

1x Mono Amp - Alpine MRPM350

1x 2 Channel Amp - Kenwood KAC7251

also Is it worth me buying the above sub, mono amp, and sub box or should i just go for the " Sony 12" Pentagon Deal" found at:

thanks in advance any other advice would be helpfull thanks

Reply to
Amr

The only advice you need is DO NOT buy sony xplod.

not ever.

Reply to
Mason

Try uk.rec.audio.car

Reply to
-=Dan=- ©

Agreed with the head units. But i had some Xplod 6x9s which were pretty bloody good!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

He'd get even LESS replies in there :)

Reply to
DanTXD

My mate had a pair of Xplod subs that were very good, for the money i reckon they're fine.

Reply to
DanTXD

Mason

I bought a head unit :-( Put my old Sony one back in.

Reply to
Conor

i have a sony head unit and it's the bollocks :) best MP3 decoder in a head unit i could find at the time

Reply to
Vamp

Your best bet would be to get one of the sets from somewhere like

, where you get your sub/amp/box and wiring all together, so you know it all works well together.

Reply to
DanTXD

I didn't really mean the HU's. But the subs/amps/components etc are terrible.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

;)

Reply to
-=Dan=- ©

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, DanTXD decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

We had Sony Xplod speakers in the Lincoln Limos.

We had to replace them every few months, the voice coils in them seem very fragile.

The head units were, as others have pointed out, crap.

Reply to
Pete M

They are very bottom-end cheap though :)

Reply to
DanTXD

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, DanTXD decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Yup, the Excursion has Alpine stuff in, which we've never had to touch.

Reply to
Pete M

Should all work fine.

If you don't know what you're doing, then go for a deal like that - the sub/amp/etc. will be matched together, and it comes with the necessary box and wiring etc.

Sony stuff is s**te though. Go for the JBL GTO 12" deal

You oughtta be able to do the install yourself - it's very easy. BUT, be sure you understand what you're doing when you start the work !

If you just blindly start connecting things up wrongly, you're very likely to start a fire and damage *severely* both your car and the kit you've just bought !

Leave the stock speaker wiring in place. New headunit will plug into car's ISO connectors. All you need to do with the speakers is mount them, and connect the + and - wires (which are already in the car) to each one.

Amps and sub is slightly more tricky. Amp needs a power line from the battery - so you need to run a cable from battery to boot (stick a fuse in this wire, about 5cm from the battery - DO NOT MISS THIS STEP OUT). It needs an earth - just stick a hole in the side of your boot, and use a self-tapper to screw the cable in place. Finally, it needs a Remote line from your headunit (so the amp turns on when the headunit does) - just run the cable, and connect it up. Those three wires are basically all you need.

Connect the amp to the head unit with a pair of long phonos (DO NOT run these down the same side of the car that the power-from-battery is running down, cos you'll get interference), and the amp to the sub with some speaker cable, and away you go.

It really is that simple :)

Reply to
Nom

Thanks Nom that was great help, i have opted for the JBL set instead of the xplod, i keep hearing their stuff is weak so hint taken, thanks again.

Reply to
chaoskingz

Have fun !

Reply to