Help needed in the valleys

Hello all you lot

Been a lurker here years, but not had the necessity to post before. Just happens that I've had a bit of trouble modifying my vehicle and needed your advice.

I have recently fitted caterpillar tracks to my Nissan Primera Estate. I managed to do this by taking the tracks off an old T35 tank used by the British Army in WWII. I have also managed to keep the 360 degree rotation intact, which is useful for performing about turns.

Now here's the trouble. My next door neighbour was complaining about the noise the tracks make at night and the scarring they make on the road. I got so annoyed that I poured Golden Syrup into the fuel tank of his Ford Escort Equipe (unmodified, totally crap sh*theap that makes more noise than my tank). Needless to say, it's now buggered.

Course, he knew it was me and we never got on.

Trouble is, he's a qualified plumber and he's welded the doors, trunk and hood of my Primera tight shut. I can't get into it.

Can anyone please tell me how to 'unweld' the doors without irrevocably damaging the car? Please bear in mind the logistics involved with the CATs, they make things a lot more difficult. The problem is that I left the lock off the swivel mechanism so even when I tried to prise the door open it just kept spinning round.

Cheers for your help in advance - this really is a tricky one.

Gwyn

Reply to
Gwyn Edwards

I don't think that you will find the help you need in this newsgroup, but help of some sort is definitely needed.

Shaun

Reply to
Shaun

He's Welsh, so it could go either way ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Hi Gwyn,

I had a similar neighbour problem to this with my Datsun Sunny/Panzer hybrid (converted to LPG for economy - got 20 miles on a 100kg tank, excellent!).

Ok, 1st problem:

Hire a pair of Luton box vans. Park them tight up to each side of your car, just catching the rear end so you can still get to the door shut lines, whilst holding the swivelling section firmly.

Use a 9" angle grinder, in reverse, with a wet and dry cutting wheel and

50/50 meths/water as lubricant. This is best for grinding off welds without damaging the paintwork and it keeps the sparks down so there is no risk to passing sheep - they are especially flammable in this unusually dry weather.

Once you have freed up one door, you can get in, set the swivel brake and Rhodri's your uncle. You should be able to get the vans back in time to only pay half a day's hire.

2nd problem:

Remove the filler cap on the Escort. Remove the fuel feed pipe at the engine end and hold it over a medium size baking tray. Place half a dozen Golden Delicious apples in the baking tray.

Get four camping gas stoves and apply a low heat to the underside of the fuel tank, and along the fuel line. The fuel will boil off and the syrup will run out of the fuel pipe, at the same time slowly caramelising. Depending on how much petrol was in the tank, you should get a nice dark caramel and excellent toffee apples in time for November 5th, to share with your neighbour. Everyone wins.

Hope this helps

Rachael

Reply to
Rachael

Quite plausible up to now, but a plumber who can weld? Most can barely solder these days.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Sounds good to me, try adding rubber blocks to the tracks though so as not the make too much mess of the pavement.

Good for you mate one less f**d on the roads is always a welcome thing.

Get your self an angle grinder and cut a flap in the roof over the drivers seat, more fun getting in that way (I've a factory fitted sunroof and do it all the time on my 1/2 track celiac GT4.

Reply to
Depresion

Are you a member of Celica-Club.co.uk, at all? If not... come by and give us a shout :-)

Reply to
Simon Burrows

Russian Army.

Reply to