high power headlamps.

"Conor" wrote;

Did you miss or ignore the not very subtle dig at lorry drivers in that post?

Steven.

Reply to
Steven

Oh aren't you the clever one, just how original do you think that comment was? I ignored it because it gets mentioned at least half a dozen times per week.

If you're going to have a dig at least make it worth reading.

Reply to
Conor

Whoever said it was an excuse? Certainly not me.

I think you need to chill out more.

The Dervboy

Reply to
DervBoy

Because i know them :) Tis a popular mod when doing rallies ya see

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

"Conor" wrote;

Erm, I didn't make it f*****ad, take it brains aren't something you need for driving HGVs something I kinda knew already anyway.

Steven.

Reply to
Steven

Really? You'd stand sod all chance of getting your head round drivers hours rules yet I can do them on the fly with a moments notice whilst driving in busy traffic on the handsfree when given an additional delivery and workign out whether I can get there on time, if I need a break on the way, whether I can do the next job still etc.

Managed to learn how to add up without using a calculator yet?

Reply to
Conor

If you've got plastic reflectors, I'd avoid high wattage personally. Try some of those "50% brighter" bulbs. Phillips vision plus and Osram silver star are good. If you don't know where to look, try your local ford dealer. Mine sells the Phillips bulbs. Otherwise

sell a good selection. Other makes vary from OK to crap, especially halfords own brand. They are 55/60w but use a smaller filament which burns brighter. I found the Phillips ones to be about half way between ordinary 55/60 and 80/100 in terms of brightness.

Don't forget to re-align the lights after changing bulbs though!

The Dervboy

Reply to
DervBoy

Are those Philips bulbs lasting more than the 5 hours I got out of the last pair I tried?

Reply to
Conor

There are 746 watts per horsepower. So an extra 100 watts will consume roughly 1/7th of 1 bhp.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Good plan.

Probably not.

Yup.

Reply to
Nom

The H4 bulbs in my old escort are still OK after 2 years. The H7's I put in the petrol astra over a year ago are now in the diesel astra and still working.

So I guess they have improved them since the ones you bought.

The Dervboy

Reply to
DervBoy