Hmm, decisions decisions.

My rather lovely Golf cabriolet is just sitting round at the moment, doing nothing.

My rather lovely Merc 260E is also just sitting round at the moment, doing nothing

My Capri has no choice but to sit round, doing nothing, although one day I'll get round to finishing it off.

Now, I reckon the Golf is worth an easy £1500, it's very tidy, has 12 months mot, and is the right colour. People keep offering my cars for the bloody thing.

Today our tame mechanic offered to swap his pretty clean, L reg, E34 525 TDS for the Golf. I'm semi-tempted, but don't really like BMWs, I'm not a fan of diesels, and I don't know what the 525 is worth. Anyone got a clue as to what a straight red TDS with cloth, AC and alloys is worth?

Even better, anyone got something funky to swap for the Golf / Merc / Capri or all three?

Reply to
Pete M

More than my Supra. Bah.

Although I do have that Cherokee option...

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Hmm, I likes those.

How much would you let me have it for Mister, assuming it's not been to the moon and back several times.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, JackH decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

It's done 165000 miles, or thereabouts. Could do with a new clutch...

Bloke who owns it reckons it's worth around £1700 (with the clutch done).

I've not looked into the values of E34s lately. Especially not the diesels.

Spose I'd better do some research, but the bloke who owns it tends to know his values.

Reply to
Pete M

You want one of these

The one in the middle

The white one - removable hard top - mid engined.

You're not getting mine right enough...

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle