Hmmm, I appear to be modding a car

Pulled the 75 from Ebay last night.

So far I've bought a set of uprated gas shocks for the front end, now I'm on the lookout for a set of lowering springs and dampers for the rear. Combined with the torsion bar mod. I'll probably drop it

3-4cm.....

After that, it'll be a K&N - but I'll leave the exhaust alone as the OEM system is large enough as it is.

Wouldn't mind a set of cams, but that can wait until the valve clearances next need doing.

Reply to
SteveH

haha you're weak! i did doubt it when i saw you're MSN name. i was thinking 'bet he bottles out of selling it somehow' and you did but with no good excuses like i was expecting.

Reply to
Vamp

Hello,

Stop it at once! Don't modify anything until you have looked at how it might turn out on the BarryBoys website.

Reply to
kc

trackday special? or long term project that you might actually finish?

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Oh, do f*ck off.

This is going to be a proper modded car - no cosmetics, just a few tweaks here and there to make it into a back-road blaster.

Reply to
SteveH

Why *are* you such a tosser? Did your dad abuse you sexually?

Reply to
DanTXD

In news:kl5oe.828$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe2-win.ntli.net, kc decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Fuck off, "kc".

Reply to
Pete M

Hehehe. Just reading that and updating my website with, at last, a picture of our "high airflow" performance front grill insert... :)

Reply to
DervMan

Goodo.

Good order. What about the brakes?

Reply to
DervMan

Heh. Where are my quotes that I can save for later?

Reply to
DervMan

Hello Brian/Rob/KC Knobjockey.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Amen to that. Got a bit too lardy after the MK2.

Reply to
Conor

*cough* 18's ;)
Reply to
DanTXD

He said b road blaster, not a car park c*ck-mobile :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

A good chassis and set up could go well, and handle 18's ;)

Reply to
DanTXD

touring cars run 18's i think :)

Reply to
Vamp

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, DanTXD decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Be *zero* fun to drive on 18's though.

Whole idea of having fun in a car is to be able to adjust the cars attitude using the throttle and steering wheel combo. 18's tend to remove most of that fun, or move the chances of doing it to extreme speeds and at those extreme speeds the fun of collecting a nice slide is a bit too scary for most of us.

I.E. an 80 mph drift on 15"s tends to need to be 110 mph on 18's, and it's nowhere near as user friendly.

Reply to
Pete M

Besides, it's an old school chassis designed around 14" wheels and 195 tyres. Any more than that would just be for vanity reasons, IMHO.

Reply to
SteveH

you wanna whack 18's on the 156 then :)

Reply to
Vamp

Whilst I agree it looks a little 'under wheeled', it rides and handles perfectly well on 15s, so I'm not changing 'em.

Reply to
SteveH