Honest John?

Is that like a heated Seat?

Reply to
Pete M

S-Line is just a trim level, so, yes, it's available on the 1.6 petrol and 1.9TDI.

I was quite gutted we had the 2.0TDI-170 DSG S-Line taken off our list in favour of more 'professional' looking cars. I'd have been very tempted to order a yellow one.

Reply to
SteveH

Do you like cars on the basis of how long the name is or something?

Reply to
Doki

Heh, it would appear that way.

My top 2 were:

Audi A3 2.0TDI-170 DSG S-Line and Volvo V50 D5 SE-Sport Geartronic

but I've settled on:

Alfa 156 2.0TSpark Veloce Sportwagon Selespeed.

Fortunately, it's just badged 156 Selespeed.

Reply to
SteveH

iPhone, Macbook, Manbag, Audi.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

2 out of 4....

Argh! I'm turning metrosexual....

Reply to
SteveH

M'layer friend has the full set, and the iPhone is a genuine hand-crafted Emporio Armani leather wallet, in the pocket of his Armani suit where it nestles against Dunhill pens.

I pointed out that he's a fashion victim and he says it impresses the clients.

In his home town he dresses like a slob which I think is over-reaction in the other direction.

Reply to
Steve Firth

How does he rate life with a man-bag? I always thought it would be dead handy sometimes, like when I wanna take my Fuji S5600 somewhere (I'm not number bragging, it's worth about a fiver I bet these days - I just mean big sized camera) and then I could chuck in my wallet, phone, keys, an my little Exilim camera as well. I made myself get into the habit of always taking it out with me, usually in the same pocket as my phone cos that's small and thin. But even without the big camera, it would liberate my pockets so well, cos having really full pockets does my head in, and the Exilim got switched on at some point, then it can't poke it's lens out and I find it has 'Lens Error' when I need it quick, and I have to turn it on and off, which takes a few seconds, and by then the has gone :-(

But I didn't ever dare wear one, or even look at one properly, cos I new how ULTRA-GAY they are :-)

Reply to
DanB

Ahh well you should get a pushbike and a messenger bag to go with your serially francophilic car purchasing habits.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Some French 'people' (couple of hairy birds with 5 o'clock shadow I'm sure) spoke on the TV a bit ago, and Abby, my 18 month old golden retriever, woke, jumped off the setee, barked at them, and legged it upstairs to her basket hehe!

Reply to
DanB

He also actually has no mechanical knowledge at all (see especially yesterdays agony column)

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

It does look like an A3, doesn't it. Are they any good, does anyone know?

Reply to
Chris Bartram

It was about £130 last Christmas, I got one for the Missus.

Actually a damn good 'Compact Zoom' camera - brilliant 10x optical zoom (50x digital and still good pics), very good macro (

Reply to
PCPaul

Nah you must be a different model - mine takes XD cards. There is 5700 an

5800 though, and i agree the 5600 is very good :-)
Reply to
DanB

Apple-logies. Mine (hers) is an S5700.

Interestingly Google shows me I could get an S5700 for as little as £85 now, or if I really wanted I could get the S5600 for £177.25!!!!

Reply to
PCPaul

I think that's the only real difference to the 5600, the SD cards, which for me would be a massive improvement though cos I already have 8gb (use with Panasonic SDR-S10), 2gb (came with Panasonic SDR-S10), 1gb SuperFast, 512mb (if I'm desperate heh) cards. Whereas I just have a 256mb XD that came with the camera, and a 1gb XD that I bought at the same time as the camera. Although I rarely use it due to it's size, but I have just seen I can get a Fuji branded "Sandisk 2gb Type M XD Picture Card" for just £6.99 from Play.com. So, I suppose, if I ever use it again, and if I think it's gonna be a heavy picture day, I can run to £7 :-)

You can have mine for £150 delivered if you like?

Reply to
DanB

The development manager in our office. A3 1.6 SE on personal lease hire plan. iPhone. Personal Macbook Pro, and office 2.8ghz 24" iMac Small canvas satchel that carries the iPhone and Macbook + home made sandwiches between home and office. And he knows every word of High school musical 1 & 2 by heart, and is trying to borrow children so he won't look too weird at the opening night of High School Musical 3.

But he is straight. Celibate and single for the last 18 months, but apparently straight.

Reply to
Elder

nd

What the clio? Bargain.