How about this for the CZ runs Pete?

LHD, LPG and a 3.9.

Reply to
Elder

That'd be perfect.

Unfortunately, I'm going to stick with the E30 for a while. Buying property in Czech shortly, the economy there is growing rapidly so I've had to move the house buying plans forward a couple of years to make sure prices don't get silly before I've bought a place. Original plan was going to be buying in 2010, but bringing it forwards has meant tightening finances significantly. The Rangie turbo is going on Saturday, have sold all the sales stock (just have a few vans and the R plate Rangie left)

£1 was 54 crowns January '07, 36 crowns September '07, around 29 crowns now. When I'm going to be spending around £120k on a place, it makes sense to get buying before it's £1 = 10 crowns or worse.

Off there late August / early September for a week or two to look for somewhere to buy. Managed to get my grubby mitts on a '62 Skoda Octavia Kombi to use, should be fun.

Reply to
Pete M

A '62? Surely not some 1962 Skoda...?

Reply to
DanB

Yup. One of these...

Pete M

Pete M gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I like.

BTW, Pete, as a Czechpert, what's Most & the area around it like? We'll be there next summer for

Adrian

I like the Berlinette next to it far more :-)

TDM

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Not been to Most, but it'll probably be fine! 'Most' means bridge, I'm normally a bit to the east of there when I go to Cz. Lucie lives not a huge amount away (?elákovice) and that's a reasonably nice little place, although to look at it's a weird combination of 17th Century farm houses, 21st century developments and 1950's Soviet oppresion (Which the Czechs tend to have painted bright colours in order to cheer the place up)

Tends to be pretty rural once you're away from the big cities, but Most is near enough on the border with Germany so you're only an hour or so away from Dresden, or indeed an hour and a bit away from where I'm planning on ending up (Liberec). Public transport is excellent once you can get to it, very cheap, very reliable, comfy and quick. Prague is worth a wander, but the prices are a lot higher than anywhere else.

If you have any problems out there, I'll pass you my number before you go. I know plenty of mechanics and other folk who'd help.

Reply to
Pete M

Pete M gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Yeh, I know...

I've spent some time in Prague before, but not been outside the city.

Ta, but shortage of mechanics and parts for 2cvs isn't normally a problem round a World Meeting... Should be about 4,000+ cars there...

Reply to
Adrian

Hey Pete, I'll be in CZ around the same time. Been to Liberec a couple of times, lovely place (stayed at the Hotel Jested).

Don't know where we'll be this time, nowhere booked in advance, just four weeks driving wherever takes our fancy in the country, although one place we'll definitely be going to (as we have done every year for the last 16 years) is Cesky Krumlov - that's where we'd live if we could.

Anyway, what I want to ask is, do you know where I can get info on LPG filling stations in CZ? We're having our car converted next week and so far I haven't found any maps with LPG info on them or any reliable websites. I'd be grateful for a push in the right direction if you can help.

Cheers,

John

Reply to
John

You shouldn't have much trouble, even the tiny little petrol station in Mnisek has LPG. I've seen it in a few places near Prague and C(elákovice, and on the way out toward the Jested so I know you're alright there, and on the main E65 from Praha to Liberec there is definately one near Mlada Boleslav.

Reply to
Pete M

If you have a satnav, subscribe to poiwarner and that'll sort you out with an overlay with LPG stations. That's how I find the LPG stations in this country. Poiwarner is a German site, so does all the european countries.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Cheers mate, thanks a lot.

John

Reply to
John

Excellent idea Bob, thanks mate.

John

Reply to
John

You'll find LPG a lot easier to get hold of in eastern europe and poorer=20 parts of the Med. It is how normal people can afford to run their cars.

When I was last in Turkey, getting on for about 7-8 years ago now. Petrol was same sort of price as here, as was LPG. But the average wage of a live in waiter/chamber maid was =A31 a day=20 during season, so scooter, and big old american crap and Tofas on LPG=20 was the order of the day. Scooter for day to day, Tofas for the taxis,=20 and big old american crap for the twice a year run from the mountains=20 and back.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder