how to do a wheel spin in a ford

hi i just wanted to know how i can do a little wheel spin in my manual

1.8 litre Ford estate...if anyone know please reply.. ;P

eXecuted

Reply to
eXecuted

If you don't know, either:

  • you're a school kid.
  • you need to wait for winter.
Reply to
DervMan

rearrange the following:

don't let go of the steering wheel sidestep the clutch pedal don't lift your foot from the accelerator pedal until you can no long see the steering wheel ensure the handbrake is on dial in 6,000 rpms on the rev counter put it in first gear depress the clutch

Reply to
dojj

Jack it up?

Reply to
Depresion

Don't it's a ford it'll break :)

Reply to
Vamp

winter, i dont believe in santa....:p

Reply to
eXecuted

Load the back with a pallet of breeze blocks. Revs its nads off. Dump the clutch. Place ad in auto trader, "1.8 Escort Estate Manual, careful mature owner, clutch may need attention"

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I did hundreds of wheelspins in my old 405 - the clutch never smelled, or slipped, or did anything to suggest that i had hurt it - even though it was

90k miles old :)
Reply to
DanTXD

We aren't talking about a 405. The french could teach build quality to the Ford escort production line.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Heh, true, true.

Reply to
DanTXD

If you're no kid, find the shift key and use punctuation. :)

If you've never pulled out of a junction in the wet in a hurry and encountered wheelspin, you need to wait for a wintery road.

Reply to
DervMan

Haha I had to laugh at that statement :)

Then I looked out the window at a Citroen van which is 1 yr old, and is always in the garage.

Then pop over to TopGears website, and cringe as you read the problems people are having with Citroens :)

Reply to
Ronny

hehe

Reply to
JohnR

Dont try it if you need to ask how! Dont try it if you are still at school... Dont try it in anything front drive or small it looks silly. Dont try it in anything diesel it sounds silly. Dont try it in anything from a standstill it looks like a boy racer is doing it. Dont try it in first gear its pathetic... Dont try it unless you have a turbo, a v6, or v8, and while rolling allong in sec, or third, and keep going until you run out of room or gears. (and autos sound BETTER)

You dont "do" wheelspins they happen due to power in a decent car all the time, or it just looks daft!

Reply to
Burgerman

No, they happen in a decent car because the driver has poor control.

Reply to
DervMan

Or because it feels good to light up the tyres every gearchange?

Reply to
Burgermans other computer

Not for me. What feels good is executing a perfect lap as I can, not wheelspinning t'other side of the apex.

Reply to
DervMan

I think wheel spinning is all wrong on a track - it should be kept off them and done on the public roads instead... ;)

Reply to
Questions

i've wheel spun outta first into second, then got scared and eased off fun though and smoke a plenty! i can even get it to slip the wheels in third when the tyres start to wear hehe.

although i love my MR2 turbo to risk blowing it up or breaking a driveshaft so won't attempt it again :)

Reply to
Vamp

I saw a freind of mine raceing a astra mk3 gsi off the lights in his 1.9 205 GTi, the silly bugger floored it in first and the resulting wheel spin when changeing into 2nd nearly brought him into on-comming traffic!

Reply to
REMUS