How to give your car a few more BHP.

Ebay can keep its resistor mods, 9 electrode sparkplugs, ECU remaps, electric fans in the intake and fuel system magnets.

This owner has snapped up a few free horsepowers, increased torque by up to 30% and lowered his laptime of the Nurbuggering by 2minutes and 30 secs!

Labelling machines is where its officially now at.

(c:

Skinnydoug

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Are you suggesting he hasn't actually put a Suzuki Hayabusa engine in it in place of the Honda FireBlade?

Reply to
Peter Hill

I've no idea but I'm off to get a 'Veyron' sticker for my car.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

That will make it weigh 1.9 tonnes and servicing will cost an arm and a leg.

Reply to
Peter Hill

If it's the car I think it is, it's a Hayabusa. Can't remember the driver's name, but I know his face - if that makes any sense.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

People who can afford Veyrons don't need to worry about the cost of servicing. It's not a Datsun Veyron.

Reply to
Pete M

That's a Suzuki motorbike.

The name and tape imprint suggest that what was once a Westfield MegaBlade is now a Westfield MegaBusa. Can't see a "Busa" upgrade being "free" for the cost of a piece of name tape but as a paid for upgrade it would have the claimed effects. Can't see anyone being able to buy a car kitted "Busa" and sell the "Blade" to fully recoup the cos. There's about a £500 differential and nearer £1K when it's a tired old blade for a reasonably fresh Busa.

Reply to
Peter Hill

This isn't about people that can or can't afford Veyrons. It's about people that stick 16V badges on 1.3 Escorts, turbo badges on Nova's, or tape "busa" over "blade" as that's what "free horsepowers" implied was the case.

Reply to
Peter Hill

Yes - I know that. It was the engine I meant.

Ok, fair enough. What I was thinking was that the only Lilac Westfield I remember seeing at scottish hillclimbs is in class A4 - that's up to 1400cc.

Regarding the budget - they like to spend the cadh on such things up here. It's not unknown for someone to spend 4 or 5 grand on winter upgrades just to get that half second advantage over the other guy.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Know the guy in pic 34 with the orange Manta, Jock, helluva nice bloke.

Reply to
tomScotland

Oh. I just want to make people think its dead fast.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

It goes well for a normally aspirated 2wd car. Unfortunately, he doesn't stand an earthly against all the 450-500bhp Evos and Imprezas. Thankfully, those have been hived off into their own class now.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Heh. He was in A3 with a few Evos and Imprezas last weekend.

It was a big class with 15 runners, and no, he had no chance of beating some of the other contenders but there was a good mix of stuff.

Reply to
Douglas Payne