http://www.privilege.com/ - Have they gone mad ?

Anyone seen the current TV ads for Privilege ? They guarantee to beat ALL renewal quotes with at least 4 years no-claims.

"Yeah, right" I thought - so I went to the site thinking it'd obviously be too good to be true. They quote me a mere £420 on the TI - a clear £200 saving (30% !!!!) on the previous cheapest (Direct Line) £640 !

I'm assuming this is just a lure to get new business, and the premiums will go back up to what they should be, come renewal time a year from now ?

I'm gonna take the policy anyway - I'll just go back to Direct Line in 12 months if Privilege quote a loony renewal.

Reply to
Nom

Having just gone to Direct Line's site, they only want £490 for renewal - a random premium drop of nearly £150 ! I'll just stay with them I think - less messing about.

Yay for car insurance dramatically dropping in price ! Anyone else noticed ?

Reply to
Nom

Just got a renewal quote on the Norwich Union website for my carlton - just under £100 down on last year to £485 FC.

I'm not sure I'm going to better that.

Quotes elsewhere are lower than last year, could be that I am gradually pulling out of the high risk age group (now 23).

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Mine came down 30 quid this year despite losing all my no-claims after an accident. I think we're getting older.

Yours will be dropping because it's a 620TI and worth f'kall in a smash.

And if the level of cover is hte same, personally I'd save the 70 quid and swap to privilege (who, like e-sure, and morethan, won't insure me)

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Privilege, Direct Line, Tesco (and several others) are all the same company. Underwritten by Royal Bank of Scotland.

Reply to
fishman

No, cos the other quotes I've done for the TI's replacements have also dropped.

A little more digging shows last year was a great year for motor insurance - most insurance companies made a reasonable profit for a change. So everyone's premium should be dropping this year by 10%-20% - if yours hasn't, then change :)

Reply to
Nom

Yep, I already know that. Their quotes aren't identical though, so it pays to try all of their "offshoots".

Reply to
Nom

Lol - mine probably would have dropped had I not pranged earlier in the year, as such my premium still dropped even though I lost no-claims....

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

They don't insure modded cars though - so you haven't told them about your MBC have you? ;-)

Reply to
Jamesy