I am an idiot.

I just got the call. The call that all car nuts want. The call from TG studios to be in the audience.

And I turned it down because I'm short of holidays and Alison might need to go back into hospital again.

Even the MD said "and" when I said I was short of days.

Oh well, I might get another call in 5 or so years.

Reply to
carl.robson

Ring him back, and tell him I can go in your place :-p

Hit him with the illness sob story if it helps?

Reply to
Iridium

I would have rang back myself. But it was the good old with-held number.

Trust me, if I could have rang back, I would have done.

Reply to
carl.robson

Carl, try 020 8743 8000. It's the main switchboard for Wood Lane which is where the Top Gear website 'contact us' address is...

Worth a shot

Reply to
Abo

Not all car nuts want to fawn over J.Clarkson or his stepsons. I think I could be tempted to go if I could wear a suicide belt.

Reply to
Mark W

Toddle off and have a practice on your own, go on :)

Reply to
Tony Bond

No good, tickets are handled by the applause store only.

Reply to
Elder

As, several years ago I registered an interest with the applause store got TG tickets it is fair to say I was wanting to go and see the "boring bits" of making the show.

Reply to
Elder

Next time I am in the UK, a crate of Duvel will be dropped at your doorstep. I don't drink the stuff but you might like it.

Why?

You seem to be an real genuine anti-StevenH.

:-)

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

I find it amazing how many friends SteveH seems to make wherever he goes.

(c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I find it amazing how he worked it out from that post...

Reply to
Lordy.UK

I went a few years back, saw the one where Ranulph Feinnes was the star in the reasonably priced car. I participated in some Cool Wall banter with JC but it obviously ended up on the cutting room floor. The interview with Feinnes went on so long they weren't sure if there was enough time for St=EDg's lap in an AMG beast of some kind but they got both in and I didn't!!

The studio's a lot lot smaller than it looks on TV (though they've since moved to a bigger one) and very hot inside (plus it was summer when I went) the Toyota Hilux they trashed is even worse in real life with a DO NOT TOUCH notice on it. Stig was driving a McMerc around the track when we went for a teabreak. The friend I went with emerged from the toilets and said "did a plane just take off?" it really sounded like nothing else!

Whenever I saw Clarkson wandering about off-camera he had a can of beer in his hand, so he's half-cut when he's presenting. Strangely he kept looking at me in a way that says "I've seen you before, where do I know you from" but he never said anything.

Hammond looked a lot older in the flesh than on screen. Didn't stop him being swarmed by the females.

James May is a poofter for sure.

Still none the wiser who Stig is after being there.

There was a sea of metallic blue in the centre of the track, which I can only guess was a lot of spare reasonably priced cars.

Was a worthwhile day out but a long drive from Cheshire!

Reply to
fishman

That would have been the point I blagged the part of replacement for topgear dog (well at least you would be on the cast).

Reply to
Elder

that was my main thought, getting a day off at less than a weeks notice (wouldn't have been a problem).

All that way would have been a test for the Celsior but it would have been comfy, and it probably would have used about 2 tanks of fuel.

Reply to
Elder