I bet he won't do that again...

or

getbent

LOL. Murphy's Law:- It wasn't gonna happen to a =A3100 2CV was it!:)

Reply to
aust_powers

Wonderful! How on earth did they manage to cut the windscreen in half like that?

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

Only a cat C?

Would make a good basis for an aftermarket convertible project!

And why is it that so many listings, particularly for cars, are in massive, bold uppercase? It's tiring to read!

I'd like to know the insurance situation with that. Did he have to claim off his own insurance, or the insurance of the person he was assisting or what?

Reply to
fishman

->LOL. Murphy's Law:- It wasn't gonna happen to a £100 2CV was it!:)

At least it wasn't a real Jag.......

Reply to
Geoff

Surprised me too.

Reply to
Conor

Conor ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

54-plate Jag, no mechanical damage. Got to be worth reshelling.
Reply to
Adrian

In news:Xns976B98887DDC6adrianachapmanfreeis@204.153.244.170, Adrian wrote something quite bizarre, possibly in an effort to confuddle the world. It went like so;

Bingo!

Mine's a 53 plate - but was damaged when only 4 months old. Hit up the arse so hard the bootlid went through the back window. Bootlid was about a foot long..

Fortunately I live not far from Halewood - so could get replacement rear

1/4s and stuff for remarkably small amounts of money "direct from the production line.."

Funny thing was, even though the back end was a bit "unpretty" the parking sensors still worked and there was zero major damage mechanically. The replacement rear screen went straight in even though the car has had new

1/4s fitted.

Near enough identical to that one as well.

Reply to
Pete M

Pete M ( snipped-for-privacy@bogoffwithzepressedmeatblueyonder.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

And they say that it's an unfair, untrue stereotype about scousers...

Reply to
Adrian

Really? I thought the Jaguar badges at the back, the fact the advert is for a Jaguar X type, the RAC website returns the fact the vehicle make is a Jaguar, and the DVLA tax enquiry site also agrees that it is indeed, a Jaguar.

Just as well you're here to know better and put us straight.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

He's referring to the fact that Jaguar was once a manufacturer of luxury and sporting cars, but now is just a name on a badge; the Lexus to Ford's Toyota.

Reply to
Halmyre

Air hacksaw.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

To be fair they still are a manufacturer of luxury and sporting cars (S-type, XJ & XK), it's just they also chose to restyle and a rebadge a Mondeo for their bottom of the range car.

Reply to
Jack

It's a Ford.

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

Remove the S-Type from the list of 'luxury and sporting cars' and you're right...... problem with the S-Type is that it's based on some Merkin barge that itself was based on the old frog-faced Scorpio.

Reply to
SteveH

Which is not all bad, in that the Scorpio really wasn't a bad car at all apart from the styling, but is bad, in that the Scorpio was not a contender in the sub £30,000 executive market, so why they thought it could be moved up to the sub £50,000 market instead...

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Didn't know that, knew it was RWD and wrongly assumed they'd based it on the XJ.

Reply to
Jack

'Real' Jags had bespoke bodywork and engines and major mechanics - apart from their Daimler clones which were obviously that with just a different badge and some trim.

Ford decided to try and profit from the name by producing high volumes of cars based on their other platforms and running gear but at a premium.

Didn't work.

QED.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

*Unnecessary question mode*

From this comment I assume you've never driven an S-Type R then Steve?

The Merkin barge wasn't based on the frog-faced Scorpio. The frog faced Scorpio was based on the Mk3 Granada - which was based on the Mk2 - which was based on the Mk1 - which wasn't that distant a relative of the Zodiac..

However, the Lincoln LS chassis was meant to be the underpinnings for the Granada *after* the FFScorpio - which Ford decided not to build after watching large, non prestige, cars take a bellyflop similar to Peter Kay in the "Top Bombing" advert.

Reply to
Pete M

Obviously, I haven't. I'm most un-impressed with my father-in-law's X-type, though. It's all very Ford in there.

That's a rather different view than the ones I've read.

Reply to
SteveH