I can get JET Fuel !!!!!! ;)

I can get Jet Fuel

How much of a difference will it make to my 1.4 Corsa?

Reply to
briqq86

Well, it would run in a fashion, but you would spend all your time cleaning the plugs!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

err mabe if you had a diesel.. What you want is high octane aviation fuel for piston engined aircraft....:-)

Reply to
big dom

If it's a petrol engine it will fix it good and proper and make it smoke lots. If it's a Diesel it may be OK once engine is warm.

JET fuel.

Peter Hill

It will make it go up in lovely flames.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Burgerman reckons a diesel will run just fine on Kero

Reply to
Abo

Whoopee, so can I.

Should f*ck it up nicely, AVTUR is a light oil, kerosene, like heating fuel, paraffin or diesel.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Doubt it, looks like they sell normal petrol and diesel to me:

(Didn't JET used to have Smurfs in their adverts?)

Reply to
SteveH

snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) wrote in news:1i2le10.ncf6cgfblfq7N% snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk:

I use them all the time, they are the closest station to me. Never seen them sell Avgas though.

Reply to
Tunku

The paint will blister slightly quicker, but the plastics and seats will burn about the same.

Might as well use 95ron swamp gas, not worth burning a corsa with anything stronger.

Reply to
Elder

Chevron wasn't it.

Reply to
Elder

Elder wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net:

*snort
Reply to
Tunku

Avgas?

It's hooringly expensive and it wouldn't make the blindest bit of difference to the performance of a 1.4 Corsa unless you jiggled the worky bits more than a tad.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

And make a normal petrol engine pink or pre ignite horrendously. Damage might result!

Reply to
Burgerman

Avgas 100LL is Low Lead and will kill his cat and lambda.

Reply to
Peter Hill

100LL is low lead for airplanes. Its actually extremely high (with extra extremely) lead compared even to our 4 star or 5 star when it was available.
Reply to
Burgerman

A lot. It won't run. Jets use paraffin.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Actually it will "run". But it will sound like a bag of spanners, and detonate itself to death.

You used to be able to buy petrol generators with the capability to run on deisel/parafin/kero...

They used to start on petrol. And the inlet was heated by the exhaust, and switch over to para/kero/diesel instead smoothly.

The only difference apart from the starting was that they had 6 or 7 to one compression.

Your fuel injected car will start, as the fuel is atomised better than a carb. But will destroy itself as it detonates to death with its 10 to 1 compression.

But in the future when theres no petrol left, and you thing you need a diesel to run on peanut (whatever) oil think again! A couple of head gaskets and a heated intake will eaqualise things!

Reply to
Burgerman

I fill up with basically the same stuff they run the Jet cars at Santa Pod on.

Reply to
Depresion

The most common one was tractors. But then they didn't have EFI and closed loop mixture control.

And a heated manifold to vaporise the paraffin.

I don't think it will run at all. But if you've tried it and it does - on neat paraffin - rather than a mixture - I bow to your superior botchingness. ;-)

The CI principal is more tolerant of fuels - but not sure about modern ECU controlled types.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)