i'd love one of these!

it's worth lots more !

Huh ?

It's not an OLD Jag !

Huh ?

It's not an OLD Jag !

So ?

Nothing wrong with Ford these days. They're a purveyor of fine automobiles !

Modern Jags are great cars - go do your research !

Reply to
Nom

Yup, and?

Nope.

18" wheels are 18" wheels. Even Vauxhall Astra's come with 18" wheels nowadays...

Justin.

Reply to
Justin Cole

I'm nitpicking.

Just a bit of an oversell IMHO.

Justin.

Reply to
Justin Cole

So if I took a 18" wheel from a De Tomaso and a 18" wheel from a Vauxhall Astra, you couldn't tell the difference ? Not even the extra foot in width ?

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

The Astra would have 225mm width tyres and the De Tomaso probably 345mm tyres. I make the difference 120mm, that's less than half a foot!

We're talking about diameter, not width...

HTH.

Justin.

Reply to
Justin Cole

It doesn't actually matter, the car is fitted with the standard 18" wheels and

255.40 tyres for an XJR. The current model has the larger 19" wheels instead.

When the seller talks about "huge", this is in comparison to cars that have smaller wheels, and it's a bit misleading as 18" wheels are pretty commonplace. Still, it's not going to fool anyone per se as the Jag is big and needs big tyres. Putting 345 wide tyres on would shaft the handling, particularly in the wet, so this is all just as well really.

Reply to
Questions

Only on the rear, driven, wheels...

My 275's love putting 500Nm on the tarmac :) 'only' 245's on the front...

Justin.

Reply to
Justin Cole

370lbft or so. 200 horses?