I don't understand ebay

I've been looking at buying a(nother) compact tractor, and had a browse through ebay. I saw this:

And didn't bid on it because the starting bid was already £1000 more than such tractors go for, and was the same price as a tractor with only

100 hours and about 5 years younger than that one on offer at my local agricultural supplier.

Now the bidding has gone up to about three times the price of a full sized JCB digger/loader (and still doesn't meet the reserve).

It seems common on eBay, stuff goes for loony prices with people regularly bidding up the price to a silly level. Cars in particular seem to suffer from false expectations and silly competition to buy the biggest load of tat going.

A friend here bought a Previa (Estima) on eBay. It's s**te, and cost him about 2x what the local dodgy dealer would charge for one.

Has anyone ever seen a vehicle sold for a sensible price on eBay?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Only the ones I buy. Some may say £1600 for a 15 year old Polo is expensive but G40s regularly top £2k with higher mileage and this had virtually all the extras. (Only 3 I can think of that it didn't get were the split rear seat, metallic paint and head light washers.)

Reply to
Depresion

Nah, I'm after a ditcher and a loader wouldbe a bonus. I need somethinf small enough to trail. I considered a towable digger but they're a pain to use and my land is too steep for them.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Most of the cars I've bought have been for sensible money, and some have been mega bargains. But as you say, some go for crazy money.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs