I love a warm turbo in the morning.

I really do want a Saab again. But I love the Celica, so it will have to wait (like my next rear engined Skud).

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

And you should be able to download this

Sleeker GT Phwoar

wow that's hot! is it meant to get that............. orange!

hmmm never opened the engine lid on my MR2 after a long run but i have seen an MR2 with a lightly ornage'd looking turbo after a short blast hehe

Reply to
Vamp

Ok a little test for all us Turbo drivers :), do a hard drive then take a pic of it, you will be well surprised at what you see, its not just a dull glow, but it BRIGHT orange, lights up the whole engine bay.

Best pic wins something I haven't thought of yet :)

I think the temp is about 1800 or somthing stupid like that

Reply to
Ronny

Bloody great heatshield covering my turbo, can't see bugger all.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Favourite spot when I go to Le Mans and watch the racing is find a dark section of the track, and watch the Turbo's glowing white hot as the cars go by :)

Reply to
Jay

TI's does that, if you go loonying for a while. Cools down *very* quickly though, so you've gotta be quick to look at it.

And DON'T turn the engine off whilst it's that hot - it would result in bad things :)

Reply to
Nom

Oh yeah, particularly on the older Saabs, they had oil/air cooling only, no water coolant was used in the turbo. The Celica uses oil and water, but it still stays bloody hot even when the rest of the engine is stone cold.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

that be true as i found out when i went to see where my oil filter was and stuck my hand on it :) ouch!

Reply to
Vamp

in news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net, "Vamp" growled:

said Vamp the pirate

Reply to
Albert T Cone

*in pirate accent* oh ah

sorry i was watching the new Gwen video and it got me in a pirate mood :)

although i coulda made it irish by saying 'ah that be true' ;)

Reply to
Vamp

Reply to
dojj

All we need is some marshmallows and a stick.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston