I'm a sick man. Someone help me!

Just casually browsing ebay, as you do, and found this:

Why do I really, really want it?

Reply to
SteveH

I dunno, but I quite like it. I was almost considering a CX 2.5TD that was on ebay a little while back - nice condition, but needed a fair bit doing for the MOT (probably about £500 worth at garage prices, or about £200 in bits and a solid long weekend of working on it), but worth it though.

As an aside, I never noticed how similar the front end of the CX is to a Manta up until looking at that ad.

Peter

-- "The truth is working in television is not very glamorous at all. I just go home on my own at night and sit alone and eat crisps."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

In article , snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Must be the rust mate. Italian cars are getting too well galvanised, and you've got nothing left to do on cold winter evening, not mixing filler, and grinding back rust, and bogging over bad weld fills.

You need something based on even dodgier technology than Tonies electricals inc, to get your hands on.

I'll give you a clue though, a Citroen suspension accumulator sphere is not a bomb.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

I love it! Fantastic car. I had a GS for a while and a mate's dad had more than one CX - he managed a Citroen dealer in the 80s. Superb car! I want a the Gti Turbo though :-)

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

Another UKRM lurker comes out of the woodwork....

Reply to
SteveH

You need help.

It's white, french, auto, domiciled in NI, french, broken, in need of repair, french and white.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

In article , snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

The story made it onto the Saab newsgroup, and a Saab mailing list, but I first saw it on GMTV.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

You may want it but do you really need it...? Proberbly not, for a start its automatic, its going to cost you at least £100 to get it fron northen ireland. They are how ever, rare, and I suppose and if its a car you admire and you have the cash and time to restore it. Why not?

Reply to
REMUS

Erm, I don't need it, but I do like slushomatics. Especially in a mega comfy barge like that. £100 to get it from NI isn't an issue if you look at how much they're actually worth - he's well under market value for it at the moment.

In terms of restoration, all it needs is a few hundred quid throwing at my local bodyshop..... then it could be flogged for 4 times what I paid for it at worst......

But, as always, storage is an issue. I really need a council lock-up, as I can barely fit the MkI Golf in my garage.

Reply to
SteveH

I like CXs, my dad was a Peugeot / Citroen salesman in the early 80s and I've spent many an hour wafting around the uk in various big Pugs and Citroens.

If I were to buy such a thing it'd be one of the following

CX GTi Turbo 2

604 STi 505 V6 ( I /like/ these) Or, if I ever move back to Italy, a 505 Turbo.
Reply to
Pete M

CX + Automatic = astonishing distance capability. The OHV engine is a lovely unit, too, expect 300,000 miles from it easily.

I want it. Badly. But I have enough cars in need of work, including the possibility that another Sera may be appearing.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

It's also french.

And have you seen how they fitted the alternator?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Am I hearing people right???

You want this rusted out POS, and I hear people complaining about Ford's,

Also why does the owner think Doctors owning a previous car, makes it a better buy>? lol Steve i may pm you on MSN and we can talk about this, perhaps we can arrange for you to have a CT scan, to try and get to the bottom of this problem :)

Ronny

Reply to
Ronny

Ford's what?

Seriously, people that knock the CX have never driven them. They're nothing like the tinny s**te that PSA chucked out; they have sills 1/2 inch thick, a semi separate chassis, incredibly good handling for their size - the GTI Turbo 2 is something else to drive and be driven in, and they have the most incredible braking power.

I used to like all Citroens, but the Peugeot 306 and my last XMs made me resolve never to touch another French car; PSA's cost-cutting and 'naffness' results in cars which whilst well engineered - the XM is a fantastic car when it works and the 306 handled brilliantly. Not just 'for a cabriolet', but brilliantly, period. They were just made out of fromage frais; the 306's gearbox was rattling like a 120,000 mile Escort at 33,000 miles.

However, PSA have not gone back in time and trashed the CXs, which were designed by real Citroen engineers and although the mid 80s models did get some troublesome electronics, the basic package is one tough beast.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

I'm not sure!

This one's got my attention atm:

I even bid on it in a moment of madness, even though I've still got that Jag (which is gonna have to go soon).. been outbid on the Fuego now though and it'll probably head towards the grand mark last minute.

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

You need help! I suggest taking one of these and having a lie down:

¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

SteveH ( snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk) wrote: : Just casually browsing ebay, as you do, and found this: :

712147&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW: Why do I really, really want it? But you'll want this more;
Blair.

Reply to
B.G. Finlay IT Services

Not at that price with those tasteless mods I wouldn't.

Reply to
SteveH

SteveH ( snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk) wrote: : B.G. Finlay IT Services wrote: : > But you'll want this more;

: Not at that price with those tasteless mods I wouldn't.

What's the going rate for one of these then?

Blair.

Reply to
B.G. Finlay IT Services

£18-£22k.