I'm back!

another young ponce with a fake double surname? they try sooo hard to be rich boys. I should know, i got a stupid double surname too.

Reply to
Mjjpb

'I wouldn't know about that, Sir'

Reply to
SteveH

Doesn't sound like you are suffering much to me. When was the last time someone with a Civic that broke down able to fix it by sucking some petrol up a hose and spitting it into the carb? (Not something I would recommend on a daily basis)

Reply to
Depresion

In article , blank@

128.0.0.1 spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Yeah, but you get the clunks and bangs that an older car makes. And spot the new noise becomes a game of trying to work out how serious it is (and therefore whether you need to get it done).

And when things go wrong they tend to be pricey, especially when you are in a near 19 year old car with 128k on the clock.

Tend to find that parts are actually aging themselves out of use, rather than wearing out, like vac hoses and rubber belows that mount stuff, and diaphrams in the over boost protection switch, and bushes.

Since I bought it for £325, it has had About 2 miles of vac hose. A new recirculating dump valve. new discs pads and calipers on the front. Timing chain tensioner was an obsolete type, garage fitted a new style used one they had, and recommended a new top guide and chain while I was there. New pads on the rear. New shocks on the front (rears are getting fitted in the next few weeks). New tyres all round. drivers side wheel bearing (passenger getting done in the next few weeks). New track rod end (other side getting done soon). Used brake servo. Used coolant header after I broke the old one removing the servo. New CV boot on the passenger side.

Needs passenger wheel bearing soon track rod end. Probably rear suspension bushes, and radius and panhard rod bushes. Probably new ball joints.

Gear box feels like it has some weakness, pops out of first/second when warm, and third gets difficult to find when cold. Options there are, shift out of adjustment, front transmount shagged, or pinion bearing buggered. My guess is it will be the 3rd one, because the first one is dead easy, the second one is a pain in the arse and quite pricey but fairly quick, the 3rd means a very expensive box rebuild so I'm going to run it until it dies, and see what nick the rest of the car is in.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Since I brought mine for £350 its had (condensed lists)

2 Engines, 5 Gearboxes Numerous Driveshafts Head gaskets Turbos Water Inj Pumps Tyres Wheels Hubs Wishbones Panels Fuel Pumps Bumpers

Plus all the tuning bits and bobs which in many ways influenced the above.

Total Cost - Sufficent ;-)

But you gotta love em LOL

Matt

Reply to
**-**

?

Apart from the T-5 which was my parents; I bought the other cars myself with my own money. I made that clear at the time even though everyone seems obsessed with the idea that my dad buys my cars for me. Well, whatever turns them on I guess.

Hugo

Reply to
Hugo Taylor-Jones

ROFL

Reply to
Nom

So.........what are you driving now then mi laddo?!

Reply to
Dan405

I'm not.

Did you not think that was a funny link ?!?!?

Er, I don't,

Read my post again !

Reply to
Nom

Soz Nommy, didn't me you in particular, just the group generally...

Reply to
Andy R

I'll let you off then :)

Reply to
Nom

Heh - I think some care more about you buying a FWD shopping trolley on steroids than the hospital writing you off.

Get the 911. You deserve it.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

And get it on long finance.

Reply to
Elder

:)

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

GAYER!

You do realise that you've just claimed that the Vitara is a good car, don't you?

MX5s, FWD Clios and Vitaras. You're camper than Butlins on a bank holiday weekend.

Reply to
SteveH

At $3.50/US gallon, that's about 35mpg. Given the manufacturer's stated mpg is 16/22 (latter is highway), either you were driving it like dervman on a mission, or your sums are off :-)

Reply to
Clive George