I'm now officially middle aged

Bought a Mercedes W124 estate to replace the Alfa...

Reply to
Timo Geusch

I like those... although I had a peak in a late W124 coupe the other day (given they're something I've always fancied). and it looked bloody old fashioned inside, what with the veneer effect wood round the gear change etc.

CIHAGM?

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

They are a little old fashioned inside and have some quirks (namely the "everything driven from a single stalk indicators, wipers and hi/lo beam) plus of course they're wallowy barges. On the positive side they're very comfy and good at eating miles. Plus the estate is rather roomy, too.

This is the third W124 I bought and they all seemed to soldier on forever.

Sure. I'll be over at Paul's on Monday to get snow tyres fitted to it as we couldn't get snow tyres for the Lancia :/.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Don't need them it's AWD :)

Reply to
fishman

I did notice the smiley but unfortunately that is a load of BS :).

Reply to
Timo Geusch

I won't be around, unfortunately.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Yeah and all your other cars are mid-life crisis machinery too!!

I was 27 when I bought my W123 diesel estate...

Reply to
fishman

Errr this is a guy who has a 911, an Elise and an Integrale and you want a go in the W124 wagon!?

Reply to
fishman

My dad had a W123 230 petrol for years, it was ace, I loved it. I wanted one of my own back then and I was only 20. I'll have one if i can find a decent one sometime soon. I'm liking old BMWs at the moment though, even if they are thirsty old tubs. I'm after a 525SE estate with a manual box, I reckon it'll do about the same mpg as my

520i with an auto, yet have quite a bit more power..

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P