I'm sorry, have I missed some posts somewhere

or has Dan really gone and swapped a mid-engined, rear wheel drive, 6 cylinder hardcore french shopping trolley for a production line clio? Did you need the room for the shopping or the school run? Were you eager for us to take the piss at every opportunity?

What is the world coming to?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Did you consider that I didn't give a f*ck what some people in an internet newsgroup thought :-) ?

Reply to
DanB

Well it was getting a bit dull round here. Most people seem to have gone and got something with some sort of credentials, something interesting, something economical or something 'pass the extra hold mousse and eyebrow straighteners, Bruce'.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

"DanB" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

That's a bite, Tim...

Reply to
Adrian

I've still got the Capri and this winter, it's going to be prepped for some dragstrip action over the winter. Not decided what route to go with the engine yet though. I'd like to stay NA and at 2L although a YB turbo install isn't that complicated but it takes you into a different bracket where it gets silly expensive to be remotely competitive. Although I'm only going to be doing it for fun, I'd like to not look completely embarrassing.

As it's no longer my sole car, lairy cams and silly fuel consumption aren't the issue they once were.

Reply to
Conor

Hehe it totally was. I have to go get my scan results today, I'm a little edgey :-)

Reply to
DanB

conventional tuning gets you very littlle extra go even with much money. . Pintos are pretty crap as well and wear out fast when tuned. Turbos put you in a more expensive/competitive class.

That leaves nitrous for the strip. 100 extra is easily possible. And if you are careful you cant "see" it...

Reply to
Burgerman

I'll come and run the R27 against you if you like :-) It's ok if it breaks, it has 'warrenty' till 2010 hehe :-)

Reply to
DanB

I can understand that. Can you let us know if it's a boy or a girl?

Reply to
Steve Firth

I'm getting my C6 just as soon as this bloody house is sold.

I'll fit a towbar. That's a mod, right?

(My MR2 V6 plans may have to be abandoned. Oh, yeah, I still have the MR2, it's got a Kenwood DNX7200, 960W amp, 1000W carbon-fibre subwoofer, components in the doors, etc...)

Actually.

Why is is so hard to get diamond-cut alloys refurbished?

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Only if its got blue LEDs.

Cos it's time consuming. Even the place I used stopped doing them.

Reply to
Conor

Don't knock the R27 after all: "With its red brake callipers, its new Sirius yellow colouring and exclusive Renault F1 Team and World Champion markings, this special edition of the Clio Renault Sport will be immediately identified with its older sibling, the Mgane"

See it has red painted callipers and sports stickers.

Reply to
Depresion

But it is 5 less than an R32. If they had called it an R33, I would understand. If it was an R35 I would be impressed properly.

Reply to
Elder

Aren't some of those types of gas for aircon systems?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Hook... line....

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Didn't realise you were pregnant!

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Heh, I wish that were the (bizarre) case. Turns out, my preperation for 'the worst' was necessary. D'oh. The worst been pretty much what it sounds like.

Reply to
DanB

Oh, arse.

How long? - and who'll get the car?

:-P

Reply to
SteveH

I don't know, depends on some factors, and my mum probably hehe :-p

Reply to
DanB

Someone who appreciates its "qualities" :-)

Reply to
AstraVanMan