I really have lost it this time.....

I was browsing ebay for a cheap cabrio for the summer, found this:

Now, that one's a bit pricey, even though it's absolutely immaculate.... but I missed out on a sound one with long MOT that went for a tenner under 400 quid earlier.

Can anyone recommend a good shrink? ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Christ haven't seen one of those for years. My folks had one in brown (of all colours) back in 1985, time to go and sell the wife me thinks.

Reply to
Degudodger

There was a Daihatsu Charade convertible on eBay last year - the 1985 model. Apparently only 26 were sold. Looking at it I can see why.

You could always go for a Mk3 Cortina convertible:

A Metro convertible:

Or worse, a pile of Rover 200 convertibles:

David

Reply to
David Lane

Worse?

Bloody cheek - if they're anything like the hard top GTi upon which they're based, they'll be reasonably well built, and if you go for an earlier one, it'll come with the excellent D16 DOHC Honda lump.

Far better than a sawn off Metro lumbered with a poxy K-series.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Oh you must. It is fantastic. Wasn't basically a pug 104 underneath too?

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Agreed better than a Metro, but it's the complete lack of image.

The 216GTi was pretty good, the 420GSi Turbo better (my wife's got an old-shape 416 with the Honda engine) but as a convertible IMO it just didn't work.

David

Reply to
David Lane

The Ebayer has removed the original ad for some reason, early sale or dodgy?

Lordy.UK

Reply to
jameswoolford2000

No, it's you. You're too thick to use a newsreader properly.

Reply to
SteveH

One: You made me lose The Game.

Two: I nearly bought a minted 10,000 mile brown C-plater Samba cabriolet in 1994 (instead, I bought a 1978 VW Beetle 1200 which tried to kill me). The brown suited it I felt, but I thought that the mileage I did and the cobbled town would kill an otherwise museum-quality nearly decade-old car.

I think there's a lot to be said for cheap, fun convertibles - if I wasn't restricting myself to the 2 cars, I'd be joining Siani in getting a 2CV (I would have a Dyane, because I happen to prefer them), but I'd also break my "no Peugeot" rule for a 205 CJ.

And you can get tidy CJs quite cheap; the most compelling argument against the Samba really. Same car, prettier, bigger boot, easier to maintain, newer, and very unlikely to be brown.

Richard (loving the RX8, it has to be said. 40mph dawdler? No problem.

2nd, foot down, whizz-beep, done).
Reply to
RichardK

You sick f*ck...

;-)

Reply to
DanTXD

?

Heh. My brother had a brown Horizon not long ago. Metallic brown, with brown velour interior.

Heh. Yes, a 205 CJ would be on my list. Don't know about easier to maintain, though - same engine, which still means removing it if you need to replace a starter motor.

Reply to
SteveH

Don't ask. Whatever you do, don't look it up on Wikipaedia.

Bodywork, interior parts and roof were my thinking ;) I nearly bought a CJ last year for £300.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Listen, if you post a link, and I click it and it doesn't work(Where as other people have posted links that work). I take it upon my self to inform the person who posted that link that I could not get it to work. You posting the above coment are showing you do indeed have the brain of a five year old, do indeed need a shrink and are indeed thicker than my good self. While your at it maybe an optician appointment would also be prudent as your list of vechicles should be entered into the guinness book of records as *the* ugliest collection of cars and bikes owned by anyone..bar none.

Good evening

Lordy.UK

Reply to
Lordy. UK

Funny how no-one else appears to have had a problem with the link, though.

Ahh, you're using Google. Usenet for people too thick to work out how to use Outlook Express.

As for ugly.... you appear to have admitted to owning a Hayabusa, surely the most ugly bike known to man. It looks like someone left it in the oven until it melted. You obviously have no taste as the Alfa 75 and 156 are two of the most stunning and individual looking sports saloons ever produced.

Reply to
SteveH

Sure ok if you like microsoft, obviously I'm not the only thick one here, for demostration purposes, I will start a new topic..........

Lordy.UK

Reply to
Lordy. UK

Bullpoo. It's not rocket science to put an ebay link back together. I think that's what happened, though to be honest I CBA to look back and couldn't give a f*ck that much in all honesty.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

You have to be joking!?!?!?!

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Ah Outlook express, Usenet for people to thick to choose a decent newsreader like Gravity or Agent or Pan, or Mozilla Thunderbird.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Or MacSoup.

Reply to
SteveH

I use OE - I've only tried thunderbird, and it irritated me. OE does the job just fine, and I can do emails in it as well.

Reply to
DanTXD