I think I may just have had the find of the year...

I've been offered... an M reg Rover 420 GSi Turbo... totally standard, and one elderly owner from new.

Loads of old MOTs etc., which back up the genuine mileage of 16k from new. :-D

It's going to look rather nice next to the GTi, once the B16 (which is sitting on the drive), is all plumbed in. :)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Fantastic turn up for the books!! Whats he arskin?

Reply to
fishman

Sounds good - I've been trying to find one of these.

David

Reply to
David Lane

I wasn't looking for one, but I can't resist. :)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

I'd be a bit worried that the mileage is TOO low! Won't things have perished and stuff?

Reply to
DanTXD

I looked it over earlier - it's had new downpipes, and has been regularly serviced over the years.

Drove nice and tightly, no knocking from shot bushes etc.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Was curious, so went to google it. 200bhp stock, apparently, with a few people claiming to have 260-270bhp from it...

Reliability? It's even more of a Q car than the Ti, but I'm not sure whether in a good way or not...

Nick

Reply to
NickD

Like the Ti, they get tired in old age.

If it wasn't for the mileage, I'd not be looking twice at it, and I'm going to be keeping it totally standard - not many left as they left the factory now, and it'll be a good car to show at Rover shows etc. :)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Watch out for the sticky valves if it's not been driven hard once in a while. Which it won't have!

Reply to
fishman

I'm giving £1500 for it, and for that it's coming with a years MOT.

And no, there's no chance of the deal not falling through. ;-)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

These people are mostly idiots, apart from the few who have invested substantials sums of money.

Enginewise, as good as any other 200bhp turbocharged car.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

When you look at the market, you have to pay the thick end of a grand for a ropey one, so I reckon that's pretty good really.

Are you sure that's what you meant? Surely that means the deal is definately falling through?

Reply to
DanTXD

Indeed...

No!

'Move along there Sir, nothing more to see here...'

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

And if you find you don't want it ....... let me know.

David

Reply to
David Lane

No chance... sorry.

It's like a new car inside. :)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

And a s**te old rusty Rover on the outside? :-)

-- Called Pete? Join The Pete Collective NOW at

AstraVanMan

Funny you should say that, because today we've spent quite a while laying under my H reg GTi, as part of the VTEC conversion.

No rot underneath *anywhere*, and it's all original - never been welded or re-undersealed...

The mate who has been helping me with the project (and who tends to normally deal with exotica like Skylines), has been commenting on how well built and engineered it is.

Anyway... the VTEC engine is now all bolted in, and the whole thing should be up and running within the next couple of days.

The running gear came with a dyno printout that states it was running just over 185bhp at the crank with peak power achieved at a lowly 7,800rpm, the last time it was measured. :)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH