I think I've found the van for me :-)

Nice!!! But HOW FECKING MUCH?????

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

If you want something to transport the band, try:

Grant

Wow, very James Bond. I like the pole. Handy for poledancers while business is good/restraining goodies while you destroy the world. It even has a Bond baddie name emblazoned on it.

I want.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

As i looked at that, my random winamp playlist fired up Goldfinger - 99 Red Balloons.

Crazy :)

Reply to
DanTXD

This ones pretty cool (minus all the signage!)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

ooooooops

Carl Gibbs

Sod that - custom built trailer for the gear - well under 300 quid on the road once I had pulled in a favour or two - and the four of us travel in the Passat which is towing the trailer. We get to move our gear without tax / insurance or mot for a van and we also get to avoid paying fortunes in van hire. The trailer will always be worth that kind of money as well. Nearly forgot - we don't have to unload the trailer after a gig either, it's put right into the garage and locked away until the next time. Everybody wins.

With your A6 2.5 TDI you're well placed to do the same.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Oh yes. Very true indeed. The thing is, I'm also running a large van (currently a '98 Renault Master) for multi-drop parcel work, and am umming and ah-ing about upgrading to a newer van. There's bugger all wrong with the van I've got, and the mileage is low, so I'm only getting something newer and better if a genuine bargain crops up. Spotted a W reg Sprinter

311CDI (LWB 120bhp) with FSH on autotrader for £4750, but it's been sold. So if I could manage with something like that posh Sprinter bandwagon to use for work (I'm sure I could cope - might have to adapt it slightly to take longer objects!) with the added advantage of using it for gigs, then it'd be good.

But bugger me if I'm paying that much for any vehicle!!! Not unless I was loaded anyway.

And I'm not currently in a band at the moment, but have a few ideas in the pipeline.

What sort of band do you play in then John?

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Let's just say that artistic coniderations are not terribly high on the list of priorities.

"Has anyone cornered the best man for the money yet ?"........

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

eBay and my antique version of Netscape don't get on together. So I can't tell what it is, or how much. I'm off to see a Mazda Bongo this week. It may not be what I want, but the idea of a van with a pop-top and sleeping accomodation seemed sensible for my uses.

Reply to
Steve Firth

One assumes you're using a Mac then... get yourself a copy of Mozilla or Opera, the first things I install after opening a Mac box.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Options are incredibly limited for someone running OS7.5.5, though.

Moving to 8.1 (if possible) would help.

Reply to
SteveH

7.5.5??? ouch... that's like being on Windows 95 in PC terms...
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I don't have anything running any less than 8.6 here - and that's on an ancient Powerbook 5300.

Reply to
SteveH

I don't think any of them work with the antique version of MacOS on this box. Most of them require System 9 or later.

Reply to
Steve Firth

it works.

Bull.

Reply to
Steve Firth

OK, 3.11....

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I love the chrome poles. Seedy bachelor night bus anyone?

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Try another browser? I've been trying Mozilla Firefox over the past few days and it's been ok, unil I tried buying a camcorder online from Comet the other day, for some reason. It's been ok other than that: online banking, eBay etc. etc.

Reply to

Well, there is a Hummer Limo in London for =A31k a night, so what do you=20 reckon you could charge for a bus/mobile exclusive night club?

Plus extras for the stripper and I'm assuming it has a DJ?

I reckon =A32k plus extra sounds about right. and you wouldn't need to=20 drive arround or drop them off.

Just pick them all up, drive off to somewhere rural where you won't have=20 noise issues, then just sit there idling to supply power, then drop them=20 at a club for the last hour or something, or at a hotel at the end of=20 the night.

--=20 The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

MeatballTurbo