I've finally got an Alfa..

Not the 155 tho :-( that made some strange noises so I walked away.

It's a 33, 1.7 8v. Drives well, loads of history, 11 months ticket and a months tax. No rot at all apart from bottom of drivers door. I suppose in some eyes that makes me a true petrolhead now ;-)

MIke P

Reply to
Mike P

Bet it sounded like a diesel, didn't it?

Nice. They're great little cars, IMHO. PeteM hates 'em, though.

The flat-4 engine is a gem, shame it's not a 16v, though, but even the

8v had as much power as the contemporary XR3i.

Suspension is a tad soft, but they grip well, it's just that they roll a bit.

Cambelts should be changed on 36k miles. Not a particularly hard job, but there are 2 of them.

If it's H282 DKR, sell it now. 'Cos that was once mine.

Reply to
SteveH

In news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net, Mike P wittered on forthwith;

Oh dear.

Even if it's not the one Steve H used to own, sell it now :-p

Reply to
Pete M

"Pete M" wrote in message news:f3kje1$88j$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

And buy a Golf Mk2 2.0 GTi 8v? ;-)

David

Reply to
David Lane

In news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net, David Lane wittered on forthwith;

Well, if he wants a /proper/ car....

Reply to
Pete M

It's not that bad. You should see the earlier ones.

Reply to
SteveH

OMG its going to be the left hooker all over again isn't it?

-- Chet

2002 SEAT Leon 20vT - 1994 Renault 19 16v Cabrio - 1992 Saab 9000 2.3fpt 1991 Integrale 16v - 1991 Renault 19 16v - 1983 Wife who says theres too many cars
Reply to
Chet

Well, I've had it 24 hours now, been flinging it down some lanes near here. It's good fun, and the engine is a cracker for a 1.7. Handles better than I expected too. I've even got used to the weird gearchange and twisted driving position.

I still can't believe the interior .hmmm. Shocking. If I'd bought that car new, and it was like that, I would have sent it back. I can't believe earlier ones were worse! The old 'suds I used to drive around in Greece sometimes were *miles* better quality.

It's still more fun than my Golf GTi MKII I had a few years back was ;-) Though that was utterly fooked..

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P