I've just bought a Rover P6B.

Unfortunately, I won't get to see it until I'm back from Czech.

Hey ho. Should be fun, this.

Reply to
Pete M

I likes P6Bs. So does the missus.

I don't think I'm going to ask for any photos :)

Reply to
Timo Geusch

How about a Rover P4 100? 1961, solid as anything, 58k miles, original plate, blue, immaculate interior, only 2 owners from new - last one being a P4 club member, been off the road for 10 years but it's complete, unmolested, and been stored in a dry dark place?

Because I bought one of those today as well.

Reply to
Pete M

Brother had one around 4 years ago. I suspect he bought it to remind hime of the Rover 110 our father used to have - the one with the Weslake head, but this one was a 75.

Lovely car.

To look at.

Very very 'characterfull' to drive.

Eventually sold it to a bloke in Holland who paid him to drive it over there.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

I had two - first a '69 3500 in Zircon blue with black leather and then a white '74 3500S with black cloth. The early high compression engine was

*a lot* livelier. Even being an auto I managed to run it up to hydraulic tappet pump up in top a couple of times. ;-)
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I had a Mexico brown 75 auto that I couldn't afford to run properly at the time. Loved it though.

The one I've just got doesn't have power steering. Arrgh!

Reply to
Pete M

A lot of them don't, in fact I'd say it's probably the majority of them that don't.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Hmm. Not really, I'd rather have another P6 but it's not a good time for me to buy vehicles at the moment. In fact, I need to get my arse in gear and sell the Golf.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Abo

The 'distribution' of power steering round the models is weird. Most of the 'S' - the manual gearbox ones - had it while not the same percentage of same age autos. Seemed strange to me. Not a very nice system - completely devoid of feel. Wonder if one of the later variable assistance boxes like BMW etc used on some models could be persuaded to fit?

That's one thing the four cylinder cars scored on - the manual steering with the skinnier tyres was very much better.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

An Auntie Rover. Does it have Suicide rears?

Reply to
Elder

IIRC all P4s have.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Sweet. I couldn't remember if they changed toward the end of the models life for safety reasons.

Reply to
Elder