Ideas on next car

Looking at around 4 grand. Looks/size/mpg not important, speed/bhp the main priority. Any ideas appreciated including mad ones. If it were you and you were looking for the above what would YOU buy?

Cheers

Liam

Reply to
Liam

LSD is bad. Drugs are bad. Don't take drugs. Drugs are bad.

Peter

-- "Diamonds are what I really need - think I'll rob a store, escape the law, and live in Italy. Lately, my luck has been so bad, you know the roulette wheel, it's a crooked deal, I'm losing all I had."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Something RWD with an LSD.

Reply to
Doki

To modify or standard?

I would pick up a calibra/cavalier turbo and stick it in a nova, belive me skylines etc will have a job keeping up. I was reading Total Vaux a while back while in WHsmiths and a guy built one that does 0-60 in 3.5 sec's.

More sensible alternatives would be things like GT-S turbo's and Sunny GTi-R's, or a nice civic with a 2.2i prelude Vtec.

It really depends on your taste and budget.

Personally I would buy either a standard 2wd cossie (and keep it that way), or a dodge charger - R.

Reply to
REMUS

Especially on the rear axles of something with a big engine. Induces a massive grin and causes risk taking.

Reply to
Doki

priority. Any ideas

above what would YOU

i had the same thinking when i got my car, hence the MR2 turbo, 220bhp-245bhp standard with 260 in easy reach with a £150 worth of boost upping mods :)

0-60 is around 5.2-5.5 secs depending on which revision.
Reply to
Vamp

But then, you're about five.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

£4K. Lots of options.

I have seen Mk IV Supras for that - however, I would buy the 280bhp Mk III Supra (Aerotop if you're vain) - 2.5 Twin Turbo, imports. Manual is obviously preferable, but I love autos in the Supra.

You could get a nice SD1 Vitesse for that, and some of the older TVRs are into that sort of figure.

Maybe look into Soarers?

It'll also get a clean, relatively late 200SX for RWD fun, performance and reliability.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

No way, drugs are good. I wouldn't drive a fast car on acid though.

Reply to
jeremy

I'd spend about 2k on a xjs v12 and the other 2k and the winter making it go well.

Reply to
jeremy

think id go for a kit with a v8.. (but then that's my taste)

Lost

Reply to
Lostin1999

Damned, I like that statement.

:)

TDM

Reply to
Tom De Moor

I dunno. I didn't they they charged you to scrap the car these days...

Actually, for the OP - I've seen BMW 840is for about £4K. If you don't mind a mortgage to maintain the bugger, might be a laugh...

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

Can I watch and laugh? £4k to buy and sort an XJS V12 is a joke.

Reply to
Doki

no

Reply to
REMUS

not if you can build the engine yourself.

Reply to
jeremy

Scooby Impreza Turbo.

Should get a very nice example for that kind of money. So long as it's had decent owners in the past then it'll still be reliable.

Nissan 200SX Turbo. Facelifted models with good history easily available for £4k now.

Fiat 20v Turbo Coupe. Just make sure it's not due a cambelt change soon.

Personally, I'd probably go a bit mad and get a higher mileage, but historied Porsche 944.

Reply to
SteveH

Not mad, but not much power.

Mad would be a 928.

I want one of those. That would be a good Supra replacement.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

"RichardK-PB" said today:

I'm not really old enough, but AFAICR there were lots of people with floppy hair, white suits and leather ties walking out into very public places in order to laugh loudly into massive mobile phones in an attempt to prove that they had considerably more money than you. However, deep down nobody actually seemed to be very happy.

Unchecked, I don't think greed is good for the soul.

Let that be a lesson to you all, kids.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne