If you were going to be boringly sensible

I was thinking of a 159, of course.

Reply to
conkersack

Carl would be bored with any of the cars above by the time he got them home :-)

What you need is a 2.1 Auto TD Citroen XM... running on veg. Quite weird, comfy and economical. They're not scary expensive to repair either if you know where to go to get them sorted.

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

Nice looking cars... not sure I'd want anything in your given budget though.

Probably one to own when it was new?

As others have said, rusting now. That, and the interiors tend to be pretty minging on all but the very late ones.

*shudder*

Lots of problems with injectors etc. at higher miles... invariably juicy.

Hahahaha

Anything in your budget will be fecked.

How about the Mk4 Golf estate - if anything they tend to fetch less than the Bora.

The E36 318TDS is supposedly alright on fuel, and cheap enough now.

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

was it with you and french shit!

Reply to
Vamp

I think you may have done, but it is a done deal since we moved the office from Reddish down to Heaton Mersey. I don't need to touch the M60 now, where previously if I had gone up the

556 I would had to take the M60 round to the Hyde junction (one of the worse bits).

OK, I'm not doing so much developing, but I've carved myself a niche as the office technical do anything (The office IT, the asterisk phone server, customer technical queries) and phone person fielding and filtering incoming calls, and got myself a raise for getting stuck in.

Reply to
Elder

Ah, I see!

Nice one dude!

Reply to
conkersack

I concur!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Yeah, why would you want a car which is reliable, reasonably quick and enjoyable to drive when you could have a VW Bora which is none of those things, but is most decidedly German, and therefore clearly superior, albeit not in any quantifiable way? I mean, Dan, come on, suggest something with ridiculously stiff suspension or something!

Reply to
Albert T Cone

ITYM Clio V6.

HTH.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Sorry, I was having a sensible moment. Yea get an Audi, they're overpriced, have a crap ride and handle badly. Also, you get too look down on pikeys that can only afford VWs.

Reply to
Iridium

But, I was waiting for you to suggest MX5 - so I could then chime in with an alternative 2 seater sports car.

Reply to
Iridium