Insurance Advice

Hello

Can anyone recommend any insurance companies (from experience) that will cover cars with stainless steel exhaust mods and alloys. I'm having a right job with the 'larger' companies and my renewal's due next month.

Obviously, 'Budget' insurance is out of the question judging by the above thread!

Thanks...

-- Ali.

Reply to
Alison Hannah

Homer

Thanks.

Just tried "Elephant.co.uk" - and was presented with a whole list of modifications! Don't know what kind of rep they have so I'll try the above - ta.

-- Ali.

Reply to
Alison Hannah

In article , take-a- snipped-for-privacy@by.co.uk spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

I'm with LV, so is Jamesy.

Although I think they are tightening up a little on Mods that increas performance, and engine swaps for brand new customer policies.

Convince them that your stainless exhaust is for longevity and sound benefits, and "doesn't affect the performance honest", and you should be fine.

I think it is mainly the guys who would get engine mods on their policy by swapping airfilters, and be able to legitimatley cover Nitrous or a swap from a 1.2 to a 2 litre that has done this (this used to be by the book from LV).

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

H&R

Had no problems with our Cinq Sporting with K&N, Janspeed and lowering kit. Only added £40 to the premium - taking it to a heady £280 pa fully comp :-)

Reply to
SteveH

LOL. =A3163 FC for my 2.8i Capri but I can only do 5000 miles a year in=20 ti. SAying that though, would you really want to do any more than that=20 in one? 1980's car, 1970's handling.

--=20 ________________________ Conor Turton conor snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com ICQ:31909763 ________________________

Reply to
Conor

snip

Yup.

BTW, Carl, do you know of anyone who has declared new mods with them recently? Wondering if new mods come under the "new policy" heading or "it's ok, you're an old friend" heading ;-)

I haven't declared the water injection (not fitted yet tho) yet, and I'm intending ditching the ICE, stripping out the interior and fitting carbon/kevlar seats soon.

Hoping that the water injection will still just come under "engine mods" and strip-out under "interior mods"?

Reply to
Jamesy

snip

Yup, and I decided since I've spent so much time and money on the performance of the car it's about time it went on a diet! There's a lorra, lorra weight to be lost ;-)

Reply to
Jamesy

snip

Don't care - it's pretty much been relegated to a toy now anyway. I use the van to and from work most days, and the missus' car when we're going anywhere, since she doesn't find the T-5 very comfortable (I think what she really means is that the Audi doesn't have enough power to really throw the passengers around ;-) )

Reply to
Jamesy