Insurance Question

Had a slight bump driving a company van as an authorised driver last year. Our company has about 100+ people who are authorised to drive company vehicles. Do I need to declare this in the event of taking out insurance? More importantly will this information be held on a database as a claim against myself? grateful of any clarification!

Where's k Gone?

Reply to
Where's Ken Gone??

Yes.

Yes.

HTH. Justin.

Reply to
Justin Cole

Yes, definately declare it. We've had to do a publicity campaign at work to make sure our bus drivers declare any accidents on their own personal policies. Not sure if it was brought on by an insurance company refusing to payout, or we're just covering ourselves in case it did happened though.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Several years ago I crashed my Dad's car. When I was getting my next renewal quote the "any accidents/claims/convictions" question came up, and I mentioned that I'd had an accident, that was my fault and claimed on, but it was in someone else's car, on their insurance, and it didn't affect my own NCB. The guy at the insurance broker's words were "you don't need to tell us about that". I felt that I'd done my bit, knowing that I'd told the truth, and that if anything was to come of it, the call should have been recorded and I'd be able to prove that I had told the full truth.

From that I would guess that a search on an individual only brings up claims on policies held by that individual, so brokers reckon they can get away with it, in order to get their customers cheaper premiums. Obviously if someone was to investigate more thoroughly, I'm sure they could find out about claims on other policies, so it's probably just the case of brokers chancing it that this won't happen.

Reply to
AstraVanMan