Insurance Renewal

Got my renewal quote through this morning; £740 and that doesn't take into account the SP30 I got back in August!!! That includes full monty breakdown cover and a courtesy car, and 'free' physiotherapy cover, which is what I had specced for my last year.

I did a few online quotes and they were coming out around the £400 mark, but without the breakdown cover and courtesy car.

So, I did a quote online with my current insurer (RAC), specced it up exactly as the renewal was, but included the SP30 and it came out £300 cheaper.

Unfortunately they wouldn't accept the payment online so I phoned them thinking that they'd turn me down (the online quote included a new business discount, as they do...), but they price-matched the online price with no quibble.

Reply to
Abo

The best insurance deal I've seen is one my Dad had. I got insured as a learner on his car at 18, cost £7 !

Reply to
Donna

Insured an FS1E DX when I was 16 fully comp, 20 quid. If you dont know what a fizzie is you are a recent arrival on this world... In 1976

I insured a KH250 on L plates for 62 quid fully comp. After writing off 3 FS1Es... 1977

Insured a Viva 1256 for 67 quid (4 door) fully comp for 67 quid... 1978 after a viva ha van and an austin marina van both hammered to death!

Then after about ten bikes and 15 cars and 20 years I insured the most expensive ever! A mk 5 cortina with a 3 litre essex V6 and a five speed box because I happened to have the motor and a 1.6 Cortina MK5 GL... 305 ! I freaked! But they relented and did it for 245.

After a succsession of tuned modded 1100 suzukis (211 quid) I insured a Turbo Nitrous 1135 EFE Suzuki on a rider policy (300 plus BHP and more modded than stock bits) for 211. For 5 years. Plus or take 20 quid.

After 5 bans and a licence with 13 endorsements (for speeding!) and 3 extra pages added to my licence(s) (exessive speeding) + 4 write-offs, I insured my V8 3.5L 5 speed Sierra with declared Nitrous and wheels etc for third party fire and T for 167 Quid with flux... A few quid LESS than it was as a stock 1.6L four door... By now I had about 30 cars. Mostly modded and abused!

And I just reinsured a £28k VR6 VW van with a chip and wide alloys etc for

260 included legal and an agreed 34k value fully comp. Thats expensive!
Reply to
Burgerman

Did your KH ever run on all 3 ?

Mine fecking didn't >:(

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

? Always! And It had lino for base gaskets (to raise all the ports) lino thickness machined off the heads plus a bit (accurate huh?) top raise compression, no air filter and bigger main jets and needles up one notch. It had the pipes tucked in on 12mm spacers (to stop them causing sparks on the road) and the sidestand removed for the same reason. Thats in adition to fitting a slightly bigger tyre and setting the preload to max. Went like hot snot compared to my mates brand new stock one!

Reply to
Burgerman

Mini-milks. Still available from your local frozen-food outlet.

Reply to
David R

Always shop around, my last insurance was from hastings direct (actually a broker) and cost £162.

Reply to
Blue Circle