it's alive!!!!!

well, as long as you substitue "it" with "me" at least lol!!!!!

anyway, i just thought i'd do a drive by posting now that i've got a few minutes to spare, if you are sitting ther reading this thinking "who the hell is this guy?" then you haven't been around much :)

it was just a random google search that also fond me wondering is pete had built his 24V saph or not, but in case he hasn't, he'll need the following:

a 2.9 xr4x4 as a donor car you put everything from the 2.9 into the saph other than the engine (including the fuel lines, exhausts, rev counter etc) on the engine side, you use the sump form the 2.9 as well as the flywheel and flywheel bolts fit in a new oil pump for the 4wd car and use a new sump gasket for the 24V engine you will need to put some oil returns into the 4wd sump too for the heads use a big turbo escort cosworth clutch as well, the normal 4wd xr one will shit itself in a matter of miles of hard use

then you just put some wires into the engine bay and away you go :)

if you use a 24V granada doner as well, you can also bolt in rear beam, complete with arb, just swap over the hubs and use 4wd cossie discs, everything else is a direct bolt on (other than the diff mount) at the fornt, if you gut the granada hubs you can screw in the 4wd gubbins and use the larger granada cosworth discs and calipers too (just redrill them to use the 4 stud pcd and open out on the other holes, don't worry, the granada uses the thicker hubs that will fit the 4wd struts)

you can then stop and start as you would :)

Reply to
dojj

I haven't, but I do want to... at some point.

That'll all be very useful. Ta, la.

Reply to
Pete M

Yay! How is / are the child / children?

Reply to
DervMan

Hi :-)

Been keeping well?

Reply to
DanB

the children are doing well, one's just turned 3 and one is nearly 7 months i now drive a mondeo estate (but with some added tweakery) and i finally made a start on doing something with the estate as it's been parked up for far far too long :)

and now that i've stumbled across you guys again, i may be a more regulalr visitor :)

Reply to
dojj

Just who the f*ck are you ;)

I take it the estate other than the Mondeo is the famous one then?

Reply to
carl.robson

yes mate :) it's currently being held hostage by my rs2 in front of the garage and the mondeo is an estate as well :) (but the ghia X variety with 362mm ap 6 pot stoppers contained within some compo 6 spokes ;) which may soon be turned by the focus st 225 engine and 6 speed gearbox i've got sitting in the back garden)

Reply to
dojj

That would be 'allowing the casting stresses to equalise' like Jag used to do with their raw iron blocks in the 70's then?

Reply to
PCPaul