It's going to rain

I got my aircon tested and recharged on thursday.

It's never worked since I got the car.

The bloke pressure tested it with nitrogen and dye, which it passed. He then vacuumed it down for 20 minutes to get rid of all the old oil and refrigerant plus any vapour that may have been in there. It held maximum vacuum for the whole 20 mins, which was nice.

He then added 1000 grammes of R134A plus oil and leak detector.

1000cc of R134A because that's what it actually needs.

All for £50.

A can of 'stuff' from halfords would have been £50 and would only have half filled it as they are only 453 grammes. Also, I wouldn't really have know how much weight of gas I had put in.

I'm chuffed with that and the AC is now capable of blast freezing your toes.

So, now it's going to rain and the summer will be crap.

You heard it here first.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Youuuu bastard. I've spent all day polishing the bloody car.

Reply to
Pete M

"Bob Sherunckle" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Perfect weather for aircon, then - it's _fantastic_ for demisting windows.

Reply to
Adrian

WHere did you go Bob?

Thanks

Noz

Reply to
Nozza

"Bob Sherunckle" wrote in news:hvi7ig$jp9$1 @news.eternal-september.org:

You wearn't bloody joking, were you ? :-)

Reply to
Tunku