Itchy

So ?

Than what ? There are loads of 3-Series with well over 200bhp. There's a couple with over 300bhp.

Er, they don't need to - they already make engines with enough power ! You'll find that most modern NA lumps aren't tuneable - at least not without spending mega money.

...and an underpowered shed compared to any of the more powerful factory

3-Series :)
Reply to
Nom

Because said old Vauxhall lump, is underpowered old tat.

The same does not apply to a 380bhp 4.9 V8 :)

Yep, and it would be an excellent mod !

Yeah. So REMUS's 200bhp Vauxhall engined Beemer, would driver nastier, slower than the factory produced 240bhp/280bhp/320bhp items :)

Reply to
Nom

Thank you!

Thats easily acheived from a 320i!!!! very easily ;o)

Reply to
Mason

the point i've been trying to make all along!

Reply to
Mason

and better engines than all of the above mentioned ones!

finally...someone with sense. why ruin a BMW by dropping a worse built engine in it?

Reply to
Mason

no lotus legacy tho, and the vauxhall engine is lovely, way better than that Ti bollocks you drive.

Reply to
Theo

I've said this a few times recently, and I'll say it again now:

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT.

Peter

-- "The truth is working in television is not very glamorous at all. I just go home on my own at night and sit alone and eat crisps."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

LOL!!!!!!!

Reply to
dojj

the cossie into a 3 series has been done already

Reply to
dojj

Hmm, a nice, bulletproof, sustainable 200bhp from 3.0litres or a screamy, relatively unreliable 200bhp from 2.0 litres...

I'd go with lazy 3.0 power myself.

I'd leave the engine in the Carlton however. (c:

Douglas

-- '92 2.6 Carlton power!

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Heh, not the only one. Ok, 2933cc, but quite quick enough for an "antique dealers car.."

I had a GSi3000 24v Carlton, quite liked it. I'd *really* like one of the

4.0 Irmscher Senator 24vs though, and I know someone who happens to have one.
Reply to
Pete M

it's been done a few times now, the first time I saw it was on that guy from redline magazine's project car, it was beautiful!

Reply to
REMUS

Now I wonder where exactly are you getting these power figures from? Out of your ass? The new BMW range? Now the M50 e36 engine which is 2.5 litre produces 198 bhp standard and the e36 produces 319 bhp standard, so what do you suggest. I buy a 2.5 litre inferior engine for oh around 4.5k or an m3 engine that will easily set me back 8k+. If you are talking about 5 series engines then they are giant de-tuned hogs that would and have caused heat problems when transplanted.

The vauxall engine is a superb lump, easily capable of 400 bhp+ and its cheap. If you have money swimming out of your arse, yay for you. But i'm talking about an original and affordable idea.

If you havn't ever been in a gsi3000 then you can't judge it, your just making assumptions.

Reply to
REMUS

How many friggin times do you two have to repeat yourself in one smegging thread?

Reply to
REMUS

Er, he's on about the M3s in various states of tune. I.e E30 M3 Evo = approx

240 bhp , then E36 non Evo 286 bhp, then 321 in the Evo ones.

I've owned one, ta :)

Reply to
Pete M

Why the hell is he bringing up m3's though? If you are going to compare at that level then you need to compare it to the lotus carlton engine.

OT but I need to ask, in my "fast road cam o_0" thread you said: "Then again, you could have had mine for much less money...."

Does that mean you have a mk2 gti for sale?

bahhh im going back to sleep :P

Reply to
REMUS

I've never even seen one in the flesh, would be something else with a supercharger kit too tho eh pete? should hit same figures as LC??

Reply to
Theo

why is it worse built? the engine is strong as f*ck, really really strong, bmw's arent all they crack up to be.

Reply to
Theo

If you got the money, time and expertise.

No way: LC chipped goes 500HP for a mere 800 UKP. I know one car in that state (has now 42000 km on the clock). Owner likes the car but also has the complete history, up to the fuel bills. Scary stuff :-)

Besides the engine-side you've got the gearbox and drivetrain: I remember a (build in gold) diff from a Bathurst racer, brakes which costs an arm and two legs, etc. LC never was a reliable nor easy to maintain car.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

erm what?

i wad merely saying that the 4.0 gsi with a charger could probably hit 350+

Reply to
Theo