Itchy

Er, I'm not.

You're the person who, for some unknown reason, wants to insert Rover 600 Turbos into every discussion about other cars.

Why ?

What relevence do they have to anything ?!?!?

Reply to
Nom

My view exactly :)

Reply to
Nom

I was just hypothosiseing and under normal circumstances I wouldnt do it, how ever if I wanted to get serious power out of a BMW you really have to swap the engine anyway. I'm sure someone said putting a cossie engine in a bmw would be a stupid idea at first... GSI 3000 engines only go for around £400-500 so that leaves another £1.5k to spend on super/turbo chargeing, that you would need to dish out to get a decent sierra 2wd or 4wd cossie. Engine mounts would be expensive but so are cossie mounts, and I did work experiance in a machine shop for one week so I know at least two people who are capable of doing the work needed if I were to do it.

But its all pie in the sky and I would rather spend the money on a cosworth.

Reply to
REMUS

nothing mate :)

Reply to
Theo

LOL !

Reply to
Nom

No, you don't !

The M3 *already* has serious power !

If power is what you want from a BMW, then the M3 is what you buy. If you can't afford it, then you buy a different marque - any "home converted" BMW simply isn't gonna cut the mustard, when compared with the real thing (the M3).

But why bother ?

You could take all that money, and the cost of the donor BMW, and the inflated-engine-change-insurance and just buy a decent car to start with !

Reply to
Nom

Show me a link detailing how a s**te old Vauxhall engine is gonna give 400 bhp + on the cheap. Lets call cheap, less than a few grand :)

I think he's more saying, and i agree, whats the point when beemer made a few that, as standard are as quick, won't break down as much, and won't cost a fortune of money, time and hassle to build, like the 328i.

Reply to
DanTXD

but if you can make a car for a 1/4 of the price that is just as quick as the real thing............

Reply to
dojj

Then you're living in a dream world.

Cheers, Andy

Reply to
Andy Laurence

Er, I'm in the process of building a Sapphire Cosworth.

Shell, some trim and logbook = £0.99 - Ebay ROCKS! Engine, full Cosworth running gear (360 bhp) = £620 - Ebay again Seats (recaro, immaculate) = £75 - Ebay body repairs, jig work and paint = £400

So that's under £1500 for 360 bhp, 0-60 in around 5.2, 160 mph top end.

BMW M3 costs how much again?

Reply to
Pete M

sheltered

I was talking about re-engining a BMW, but yes that is cheap! Of course, you have the luxury of a garage - I'd struggle to build that outside my house.

From about £6k these days? Not 100% sure.

Cheers, Andy (annoyed the Zetec S Fiesta has been announced with the 1.6TDCi)

Reply to
Andy Laurence

Good luck!

Keep your bills and give a yell when you reach 3000 UKP. If you decide to part out earlier, also give notice.

But again: best of luck wished.

Sorry as it may sounds rude: the same compagny now owns Rolls-Royce. So the same rules are valid: "If you have to ask, you can not afford it."

Tom - Cossie-owner - De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.telenet.be, Tom De Moor decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Cheers Tom, I'd just like to point out that I've done this before to a Sapphire Cosworth, and no doubt at some point I'll be doing it again. The only time this car will get near 3000UKp is when I'm selling it (and it'll be for more than £3k.)

Reply to
Pete M

There was no malice intended, Pete, I just happen to know how much I have allready spent on my Cossie. It seems a never ending (upgrading) story.

But I understand your point of view: Ebay is indeed great. I am building a 928- trackcar (with stuff bought from Ebay) with a budget allowing exactly 1 new gearbox at Peugeot-Sport.

My neighbours are talking strangely about me, pointing a finger at their head and making circular mouvements: I happen to buy 3 Porsches 928 in less than a month ;-)

A Porsche dealership is 3 km from my door and talk goes fast: been called two times if I had certain 928-items in stock (I am nor a breaker nor a car seller)

Do I have to say that I am extending storage room at my workshop?

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

its not as quick, its a lot more expensive.

Reply to
Theo

I was thinking about the 1.4 starlet GT Trubo models.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Never been around here.

It's not fair!!!

You lot get the nice Jap stuff (pe Mitsu Galant bi-Turbo, Subaru Legacy bi- Turbo) and all we get, are the "super-sporty" 210 HP legacy "but only with automatic gearbox, Sir".

Adding insult to injury : you get even them at a fair price.

:(

I say again: :((((

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

There is a 3 series running around the Aussie show circuit running a triple rotor turbo motor. It's insane. Finished in the most god awful pink colour scheme.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston