jap car meet at bluewater pics.

went to the jap car meet at bluewater that happens on a tuesday at 8pm every 2 weeks. thought i'd go down there to cheer me up :)

lots of 200SX's but the pics i got of them were pants but heres a few piccys...

Vamp

every 2 weeks. thought i'd go

Some nice car's there m8, any favourites? I liked the supra, but it isnt all that clear.

Reply to
REMUS

Eek! Scissor door conversion tragedy! Where is Bluewater anyway? I might take my Sera along!!!

Reply to
Mark W

2 weeks. thought i'd

my Sera along!!!

kent just off the dartford crossing.

faves hmmm probably the evo 6 that came down there oh and this rather sexy black MR2 turbo i saw oh hang on it was mine :)

a LOT of 200SX's came down both S13's and S14's damn good meet if you can get there.

Reply to
Vamp

weeks. thought i'd go

Here is our local group.

BTW, taken by the Japclub photographer.
is my Celica ST185 between the T-Top Supra and the ST205.and my other side, just caught in the picture with the ST205.http://www.pradbone.f2s.com/japuk/IMAGES/Dscf0028.jpg. See, it does exist, just not worthy of a photo in the opinion of the official photographer. Mind you it was filthy and covered in so much crap from fireworks that weekend.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

And here is a direct link straight to the Nov event night at the Muscrat Manor pub.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Right here.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

official photographer. Mind

skyline is nice! blue one last piccy ;)

Reply to
Vamp

Nice if they hadn't covered it in tacky stickers and graphics.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

official photographer. Mind

There are a lot of tidy cars that turn up.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Believe it or not, that one, several of the other Skylines, and most of the 300ZX and Mitsu GTO's that turn up are owned by couples in the

40's/50's/60's because insurance is stupidly high (and compulsory) on standard ones, so imagine what it would be like for youngsters who might want one, especially modified.
Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Same story here. I was paying 2 grand a year for my GTR and I'm 30 with a lock up garage and no accident history.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

GAH !

That is *HORRENDOUS*. Who on earth does that to a lovely Supra ?

ST205 looks nice ! Make yours look like it :)

And sort out your rims :)

Reply to
Nom

I'm 35, only had driving license 3 years, but it's clean, and I've=20 gradually built up the performance of the cars I've owned.

I tried for a quote for a Skyline GTR, a 200SX, a JDM Prelude and a=20 Mitsu GTO before I bought the Celica.

This is with comprehensive cover everything insurance. I used the confused.com quote search site.

Nobody they check would cover me in a Skyline. best I could get for GTO was =A31200 best I could get for a 200SX was =A3900 best I could get for the import VTEC perlude was =A3900. best I could get with the UK Celica GT4 was =A3785 My own current insurer would do the import Prelude for =A3707 or the=20 Celica for =A3517. And a good(ish) Celica came up before a good JDM=20 Prelude VTEC.

--=20 "Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf" The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Can't unfortunatley. I could get a Carlos SAainz syle ST185 bonnet for mine, but I ain't losing the popups, and I do rather like Ferrari

550/575 esque bonnet intake.

Once I do the FMIC conversion, I may keep that bonnet anyway just to get gallons of cool air straight to the top of the engine to cool it.

Wheels are standard 15's. They'll do for now as they running 50 series rubber. Did think about a set of either 17" generation 7 Celica multi spokes, or a set of 17" Oz Multispokes in white (can't get the Oz or Compomotive rally style wheels they used previously on the Celica rally cars new anymore).

I think a set of big flappy rally slag mudflaps in blue (along with white wheels) with the red paint would set it off nicely. But that is for the future. Along with a set of S-Tech coilovers.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

My d*****ad insurer who insured me for the GTR wouldn't insure me at any price in the WRX. I couldn't work it out. They would insure me in a modded import but not in a locally delivered car. Must of been because of the big spate of WRX's being stolen by ramraiders. My car is alarmed and lives in a lockup garage in which my Rotti x Pitbull sleeps. It's the safest car in Australia.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Had a mate with an open top ex US army jeep.

His Rotti slept in that in the yard in the summer, and when he went anywhere. Funnily enough that was never messed with either. Dog was really a big softy.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I'm 35, only had driving license 3 years, but it's clean, and I've gradually built up the performance of the cars I've owned.

I tried for a quote for a Skyline GTR, a 200SX, a JDM Prelude and a Mitsu GTO before I bought the Celica.

This is with comprehensive cover everything insurance. I used the confused.com quote search site.

Nobody they check would cover me in a Skyline. best I could get for GTO was £1200 best I could get for a 200SX was £900 best I could get for the import VTEC perlude was £900. best I could get with the UK Celica GT4 was £785 My own current insurer would do the import Prelude for £707 or the Celica for £517. And a good(ish) Celica came up before a good JDM Prelude VTEC.

you guys are going to the wrong companies i think, i'm 22 with 2 years NCB and got a quote of £1k exactly for a 200SX and i'm only paying £1032 FC for the MR2 turbo, funny thing is when i wanted a golf MKII i was quoted £1200 :)

dunno where skyline owners go for insurance? so many companies refuse them which is a shame as i want a GT-S after i'm finished with MR2 turbo's :)

Reply to
Vamp

I used to have a convertible FJ40 Landcruiser. Used to cruise around in summer with my Rotti x and my 60 kilo mastiff. They loved it and I was happy parking it anywhere.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston