Just bought a Scooby Impreza :) :)

Yes i've just bought an Impreza, Although theres a twist in the tail. its a

1.6 GL wagon. sorry to dissapoint you all.

have to say drives nicely and cant complain at the price I paid(275 pounds). didnt realise that the arse had fell out the market for them quite that much.

Reply to
Rob

*Cue comment from SteveH about pikey Subarus or some such nonsense.*

The Mazda 2 I have as a courtesy car must be good because it has a soft touch dashboard and stylish cup holders...

Reply to
DervMan

I once had one as a loan car, slow and thirsty, still you can shift into low range on the fly so you should be able to win the traffic light grand prix, all the way up to about 20mph ;-)

Reply to
Geoff

I'm still failing to see why this 'soft touch' dash s**te is such an issue. I've yet to sprawl myself across my dash board while caressing it in such a way that would make me appreciate it's 'softness'. P'raps I'm missing something?

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Will people please just stop talking about it, it's doing my tree in!

No...hold on a minute......just realised my '72 Saab 99 has it (as opposed to foam with vinyl covering it) on the dash, on the A pillars, on the door caps etc as a crash protection substance, so......go ahead, by all means continue giving me a headache!

Reply to
Ken (the sane one)

In news:es4aeq$ahl$ snipped-for-privacy@north.jnrs.ja.net, Ken (the sane one) wittered on forthwith;

Hang on, your Saab might have it on the dash etc, but does it have it on the switches?

If your switches aren't slightly rubbery to the touch then you're nobody...

NOBODY I TELLS YA!

Reply to
Pete M

Mate of mine had the very same car. Wallowy, but gripped well. Good off road too, especially with the low range option.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Only one Usenet individual I am aware of gives a toss about a soft touch dashboard, and it isn't me...

Reply to
DervMan

I see. Allegedly it makes or breaks a good car? Has a defined effect on the way the car drives and handles, too. So I heard.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Yes absolutely.

Nothing to do with making a poorly put together car not squeak over bumps, you understand.

Reply to
DervMan