Just had to cancel the bid on the Octavia.

Bidder was a bit shady. Only ever made two bids, both on cars, right now. Been a member for a year but never bid on anything.

Totally zero feedback, and according to the profile location:France I clearly state it is UK located and pickup only. I've sent them a message to make sure they knew this, and have had no reply in 24 hours. So, I've sent them another message stating if they want to bid, send me a UK landline I can contact them on to confirm they are indeed in the UK, before they bid again.

Last thing I need is the car selling, and then buying something else ready and finding out I've been scammed or even just pissed about with.

Reply to
Elder

Have you added them to your banned bidders list?

Reply to
JackH

Not yet, I've told them, if they want to bid again, sent me a uk=20 landline.

If they bid, without doing that, then I will cancel them again, and ban=20 them. They had only bid to =A31510 anyway.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

Ban them now... if they're that fussed they'll get back in touch to arrange for it to be lifted so they can bid again.

If they're a messer, they may now just not reply then lob in a huge bid right at the end that they have no intention of honouring out of spite.

Reply to
JackH

True. If they do, and there is another bid, I'll just second chance it, and=20 cancel the big bid, as they ebay have already been informed of them.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Primal Scream-Loaded

Elder

There's a setting in your preferences to block bids from countries you don't sell to.

Reply to
Homer

I never really have flogged anything too big to post it if a genuinly too big bid came in.

I sold the Saab to the german guy because he had very good feedback from buying and selling high end audio gear, and because he offered to paypal half as soon it ended, and the rest on collection.

It isn't so much that he is foriegn, just that I can't see anyone on the mainland wanting a RHD Skoda Octavia. I can understand with the Saab, because 1)they are a bit rarer, and 2) they can easily be converted back from RHD to the original LHD and drive better that way.

Reply to
Elder