just my luck :(

trying to find a nice rev2 MR2 turbo and so far have seen knackered ones localy and a really good one came up at an importer but i mmmm'd about it to long and by the time i decided it was sold!

still i'll carry on looking, want a low millage one so looks like i'll probably go to an importer for one. looking for a decent black one either t-bar or none t-bar aint bothered as long as it's black rev2 and about £5k

car hunting sucks :( ah also anyone want my MK1? running nicely right now and will be for sale as soon as i get my grubby mits on a MKII Turbo. make a wicked track car and wish i could afford to keep it as well as a turbo as i love the old thing really, brill out on the back roads

Reply to
Vamp

You will spend months polishing it. Then longer crying when it still doesn't look perfect. Black cars look great, but getting one so that the paint's perfect is a complete pain in the arse.

Reply to
Doki

aint that the truth.. and the slightest scuff shows like hell too!!

im NEVER gonna have another black car!!!

id go silver..

Lost

Reply to
Lostin1999

Lostin1999 raved thus:

:: id go silver..

Like every other car on the road...

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

Go to Japan, almost every car *is* silver there. At least we get the odd red one here!

In fact it's weird. The Japanese normally like small colourful things, but with cars it's the complete opposite. They all have big cars that are either silver or white, bizarre.

Reply to
scott

orange mk2 mr's are lovely with the black and silver split rims, seen one on my road, different alloys front and rear. looked the nuts.

Reply to
Theo

That's because white and for the most part silver are seen as signs of granduar.

Matt

Reply to
**-**

Isn't white the Japanese equivalent to British racing green?

Reply to
Doki

What the hell is it with "racing green"??

It's a bollocks colour, and I can think of no car where it actually looks better than another colour would...

Andy R

Reply to
Andy

I reckon it looks good on stuff like Jags, but I'd not have it on a Lotus. Unless it was BRG and Yellow.

Reply to
Doki

i prefer the imperial green on the LC.

Reply to
Theo

Yebbut that's black 9/10 times you look at it...

Reply to
Doki

Back before around 1968 for F1, racing cars were coloured according to the country of origin:

http://130.217.159.224/~sjf11/Pre1968.html British Racing Green was just the colour the British cars were coloured. I dunno why, but it's not a very exciting colour, no error there.

No element of choice in that regard, so people who chose to have their private cars in the same colours were aspiring to "look sporty", whatever nation they drove their car in.

The Germans ran silver, driving a silver car made a different statement. A lot of Mercs were / are silver. Italy ran red cars, guess what colour Ferrari often are...

The French used blue, lots of their cars were/are blue, particularly the sportier ones.

Half a century later, it's not quite the same thing, but hey...

Reply to
Questions

wrote

I have often thought that 'sporty' Peugeots look best in blue. For instance, 205 GTi's always look best in blue in my opinion.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I quite like the green ones as well, but thats probly just cos they are so rare :)

Reply to
Dan405

C,D, and E type Jaguar full Le Man Spec

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Exactly.

And while we're at it, white cars should be illegal.

Reply to
Nom

MKII MR2 looks good in white especially with white alloys for that jap touring car look :)

Reply to
Vamp

No.

It doesn't.

Hope that helps.

Reply to
Nom

And the original mini looks good in white with black bonnet stripes and a black roof...

Reply to
Albert T Cone